Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 13:46 20 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Solar : Slit system hybrid ac direct from solar

Bush

Posted: 05:03am 02 Dec 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Has anyone had any experience with these ?
I’ve only just become aware they exist.
I have been off grid for 30 years and have ac which runs from my current system but I have spare panels in the shed doing nothing and thought with this system I could have ac going all day while I’m at work (and Sun is shining)and not have to worry about it being connected to my batteries etc.

Bush

Posted: 07:39am 25 Jul 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Havnt been on for a while so I’ll add to my own post.
Made use of the panels I had spare in the shed and hooked up to the new 7kw  split  system I purchased and all working well.Currently on heat mode given I’m in north west Vic and it’s been pretty cold.Great to come home on cold sunny days to a house that's toasty warm and I’ve not had to do a thing.it turns itself on and off and looks after itself.sun out it’s on,Sun gone it’s off.no  battery or inverter needed.suits my system perfectly.
Cheers Bush

rogerdw
Guru

Posted: 12:52pm 25 Jul 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

How many panels are you using on the aircon  ...  how many Kw?

And what brand of aircon did you end up buying?
Cheers,  Roger

Bush

Posted: 06:41am 30 Jul 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

16 x 195w
7kh unit
Solar AC DC
I have no association with them and I only put the unit in few weeks ago so early days but doing a fantastic job atm..It is pretty much plug and play.The lines are sealed and gassed as per the “Mr Cool” ones sold in usa so I did the install myself.

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024