Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 09:59 29 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Solar : solar pv cheap install on 2nd and 3rd kw

rgormley

Posted: 11:31am 28 Feb 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

would this work? is there any criterea on the duration a system has to be on the roof?
and this for an idea????

i will be getting my 2k pv for $12 out of pocket OK....

so whats stopping me getting "mums" place with a 1 kw system from origin ($1990) out of pocket

i will pay for mums house to be setup with a 1kw and once it`s up i can rip the 1 kw of panels from the roof and add them to my 2 k

SO i have 2+1 =3kw!! and the 3rd kw cost me $1990

is there a stipulation that is has to be on the house for a period of time?
hey, once ive paid for it , it`s mine to do as as i like? yeah? or no? due to ......

i know that i break the Vic gov 60 cent /2kw cap but maybe the extra 1 kw can be installed later! if they change to 10 kw cap gross like in ACT.

GWatPE

Posted: 11:46pm 28 Feb 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Photographs of an installed system are taken. Audits are done for up to 6 years. You will have a "Please Explain", if thing don't match up.

Gordon.

become more energy aware

rgormley

Posted: 02:36am 01 Mar 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

GWatPE said   Photographs of an installed system are taken. Audits are done for up to 6 years. You will have a "Please Explain", if thing don't match up.

Gordon.

yes ok, but once "i" have paid "my" share of the aggreed install amount. dont i own it? to do as like with it?

is there any stipulations in regards to the $8000 rebates that say that it "must" stay as a producing installaition at the installed address?

GWatPE

Posted: 03:46am 01 Mar 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

The $8000 is the problem. The strings are attached to this. You might need to read the legislation, or at least raise this question with an accredited installer.

There are time periods specified in the legislation.

Gordon.

become more energy aware

AMUN-RA

Posted: 09:51am 01 Mar 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

The photovoltaic system installed is to operate on the proposed building for a minimum of five years and may be inspected (upon reasonable request) by an approved representative of the Program Manager. During this five year period, the owner of the system, may be asked by the Program Manager or authorised agent for information on the system’s output and performance. The rebate provided shall be repaid by the applicant if any of the conditions in the guidelines are found to have been breached during the first five years after installation of the photovoltaic equipment, It would be prudent for an owner of a system to take out appropriate insurance to cover any damage to the system (e.g. lightning strikes), as a second rebate is not payable in such instances.all this is on the gov website and they do random audits I know!!! Mick.
Every day the sun shines
& gravity sucks= free energy.

rgormley

Posted: 10:43am 01 Mar 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

thanks mick,

i also heard that if yoy have partial shading that they can reduce the recs offered, as the system wont be outputting the installed wattage

oh well looks like i will just have to save up the pennies to add to my system later..

greendreamin

Posted: 11:50am 01 Mar 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

the reason these systems are so cheap is that the REC's are sold to the power companys to use as "green power"ie the stuff you pay extra for. so im sure there will be some sort of clause in there to make sure they stay up there.
so this means that in theory they are taking away your green power and selling it to someone else, while you are useing dirty coal power. that is why with the super cheap systems they done give you a REC, also why the solar hotwater systems are getting cheaper also as this works in the same theory.
Stu

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024