Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 19:30 27 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Solar : 48v MPPT recomendations?

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 05:22am 14 Jun 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Guys.

Looking at installing a new MPPT controller for my off grid setup. I run 3800watts of solar, 48v 420Ah AGM battery bank.

I'm currently running a home made PWM controller, but its not that good at tracking the absorb voltage, and I usually switch out several of the panels to make things behave. If its a overcast day, I switch them back in. In a nutshell, its not quick enough to respond when clouds come and go. I'm over the home made stuff, just want a bought MPPT that I can forget about.

Anyway, I've noticed in recent years the prices of MPPT controllers has plummeted. I see the Vevor 60A 48V MPPT is around $220au, but are there others I should look at before buying? I charge the batteries at 30amps, but there's over 3800 watts of solar so I'll need something that can handle that without going pop. I know the vevor has a max input of 3600 watts, I can switch out a few panels and just keep those for rainy days.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

pd--

Posted: 08:03am 14 Jun 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Midnight Classic

https://www.outbackmarine.com.au/power-generation/solar-controllers/midnite-solar-classic-mppt-controllers/

Theirs a few of theas in my area , they just work.
Neighbor has had one for the past 12 years and it has not missed a beet.

Im AC coupled otherwise it would have been a Midnight

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 08:33am 14 Jun 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks for the feedback pd

I've bitten the bullet and gone for a Renogy Rover 60A 48v MPPT. Watched a few good reviews in YouTube, its not bad for the price and is currently on special on the Renogy site. Link

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024