Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 08:01 29 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Solar : solar grid install-wiring question

michael

Posted: 03:21am 15 Mar 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

would any sparkies or solar installation people out there be able to answer me a wiring qustion.
the power cable runs from solar array to inverter, then does the cable with the converted power run to the fusebox ? or does it run to the new bi directional meter ?   thanks
reason-my brother is now getting grid solar installed in a few weeks and is plastering his hallway around the fusebox and wants to know if he should leave a space from the roof to the fusebox or to the meter

AMUN-RA

Posted: 05:47am 15 Mar 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Either leave the sheeting off for now (prefered)or drill through any timbers and put in a draw wire so wire can be pulled later or better still have the installer call round
and advise you 5 mins spent now can save hours later Mick.
Every day the sun shines
& gravity sucks= free energy.

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 06:53am 23 Mar 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Repost of missing posts

brett wrote.....

The power from the inverter will go to the new bi directional meter.
What complicates this job is, Where is the new Meter going?
In 99.9% of cases I understand it just goes in place of the standard meter.
However in my case, I needed a new meter box separate from the main box for it.
Regardless The above advice is good, get the wires in or at least a draw wire.
Get you Energy supplier in for advice and go from There.

Brett

michael wrote.....

Thanks for the above
Funny thing the installer rang my brother finally and said the wire from the inverter goes to the fuse box. Not to the meter. He said they will install a new smart meter as Citipower are now putting them in change overs and new installs. I cant remember the model number my brother mentioned, but the smart meter can accept solar or other generating sources. This is in melbourne anyway. Seems like sydney has been installing them for a while from what I read today.
cheers

The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

BjBlaster

Posted: 05:57pm 24 Mar 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Mine went straight to the fusebox to a breaker and into our (consumer side) side of the meter after the main switch.

My Solar Install Page

Cheers

Bj
Check out my projects here in:
Bj's Shed

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024