Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 22:48 27 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Solar : Lower cost, decent quality inverters.

Davo99
Guru

Posted: 11:30am 05 Jan 2024
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I am in the market for an inverter or 2 for my 48V Traction Battery pack.

I am not impressed by numerous reports I have read of brand name units so I am wondering if people here have experience and maybe knowledge from repair or examination of different units as to what they would reccomend.

Not after the cheapest, just don't want to overpay for marketing when the product is not good value for what it is.

Also not real fussed on bells and whistles and apps.  The simpler the better far as I'm concerned.

noneyabussiness
Guru

Posted: 09:02pm 05 Jan 2024
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

48v inverter

I got one of these years ago, actually will do 5kw and it ran our house for a few months while I was building my home inverter... never missed a beat... still have it and running for a backup on dad and mums house... which my inverter does..

I do now also have a growatt 12kw model, that runs the main house, bout 3.5k for that.. but works well...  got lazy and bought it..

only suggestion is put some of This  on all exposed pcbs.. it can get covered in bugs etc and doesn't bother it...

we got a huge storm about a week ago,  the wind whipped up so much it wet the power wall around back ( all covered but outside) , everything got wet, but never bothered the whole system...

oh and replacement parts you can get from supplier ( i was buggering around with it and broke the control pcb) not only was it easy to connect a eg8010 board temporarily, but it was reasonably cheap (110 incl postage)..

hope this helps...
I think it works !!

Godoh
Guru

Posted: 05:54am 07 Jan 2024
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Noneya, did you check the idle current on those inverters you put the link to?
It looks a lot like the Powerstar W7 type inverter that have very high idle currents.
I have a 12 volt version, that draws nearly 100 watts on standby.
Far too much to leave on all the time.

Davo, pity in December, Latronics inverters in Queensland had a half price sale.
They make very good, simple inverters that just do what they say.
I have two of them at my place.
I do have a 48 volt one like Noneya linked too as well. I use 24 volt at my place and was given the 48 volt one to see if it was good for parts.
The one I have has two E core type transformers in it, They are pretty robust, much more so than the Powerjack ones.
But
The idle current is high. They can be switched onto standby but I used to just turn mine on when I wanted to use it.

If the 48 volt one I have is any use to you, you are welcome to have it for the cost of freight. They weigh a lot so freight may be pricey depending on where you are.
Cheers
Pete

noneyabussiness
Guru

Posted: 11:56pm 07 Jan 2024
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hey Pete, they use a Big toroidal,  idle current is about an amp... fans on low, housekeeping stuff etc..
I think it works !!

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024