Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 13:53 06 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Solar : Anyone in PV credit in Victoria

Jarbar

Posted: 06:56am 15 Apr 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I thought this may be of interest to those that already have a PV system in Victoria.
Anthony.

If you are a Victorian solar PV owner, we need your help!
The Victorian Feed-in Tariff legislation is currently being debated in State Parliament and ATA, along with a number of other environment and interest groups, is seeking to improve the scheme.
One of the critical design aspects of the proposed scheme involves solar households being paid via a credit off their electricity bills (as opposed to a direct cash payment).

Most worryingly, it is proposed that any solar household still in credit at the end of any 12 month billing period will have this credit ‘extinguished’.

The State Government maintains that the credit aspect of the proposed Feed-in Tariff is ‘irrelevant to the overwhelming majority of people’ who own solar systems (see article below for more detail): www.theage.com.au/environment/use-it-or-lose-it-warning-on-s olar-energy-20090410-a2xb.html

The ATA however believe that there may be a siginficant number of ATA members and other solar households who will be negatively affected by the credit aspect of the scheme.

As such, we are seeking to find out how many Victorian solar households are likely to be in ‘credit’ at the end of any 12 month billing period.

If you have good data on both the output of your system and your average household consumption, we would love to hear from you. Specifically, we need:

output of your PV system over a 12 month period;
average annual household electricity consumption;
your export in kWh to the electrcity grid per day averaged over a 12 month period. (Alternatively, the amount in kWh you consume in the household during the day would be of benefit).
your estimate of any likely credit that would remain at the end of a 12 month billing period.
We will be looking to use this information for advocacy purposes in the next two weeks. As such, we are asking that members email the information above to damien@ata.org.au by no later than 5pm, Friday 24th April 2009.
ATA member support is invaluable with respect to our advocacy campaigns. We thank you for your support on this issue and should you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact Damien at the email address above.

"Creativity is detirmined by the way you hold your tounge".My Father
"Your generation will have to correct the problems made by mine".My Grandfather.

KarlJ

Guru

Posted: 06:10am 27 Apr 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

simple system planned for family farm used 2kw panels with solar concentrators on trackers yeilding peak output of 3KW.

This would theoretically yield 20kw+/hrs/day anlthough primary residence of my father, the energy consumption now is less than 2kw/hr/day.

Thus the 0.60c feed in tarrif I could do the cost benefit and works out very favourable indeed.

With the no pay back with cash -project shelved until the scheme changes again.

this was about a $22000 system......lost in beaurocracy.
Luck favours the well prepared

Jarbar

Posted: 08:07am 27 Apr 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

How did the Solar concentrators work.I have been wondering about using credit card sized Fresnel lenses.Plausible or not? I'm hedging my bets the credits scheme will change but weather the 8k will still be available other than the RECs.
AnthonyEdited by Jarbar 2009-04-28
"Your generation will have to correct the problems made by mine".My Grandfather.

GWatPE

Posted: 08:14am 27 Apr 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Once you adopt to use fresnel lenses, you are entering into the domain of greenandgoldenergy.
become more energy aware

Jarbar

Posted: 09:51am 27 Apr 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

And is this a valid domain.They seem to have moved forward since last I looked.And if credit card sized fresnel lenses can be sourced for cents each would they have a positive effect on existing solar PV panels.ie place one lens over each element of panel.Come to think of it there's a panel our boat,I might go and try it.Or will I get smoke with the mirrors?

Anthony.

AMUN-RA

Posted: 09:37pm 27 Apr 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

solar panels are designed to operate at a certain temp when the cell temp goes up the power output goes down.
Mick
Every day the sun shines
& gravity sucks= free energy.

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024