Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 14:26 17 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Solar : Sunny Beam problem

Dingdoc

Posted: 02:01am 09 Jan 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I had a grid tied solar system installed some 2-3 weeks ago.
It is a nominal 1Kw system employing an SMA SB1700 inverter, 6 X 175w monocrystalline panels and a Sunny Beam Bluetooth display.
My concern is with the functioning with the Sunny Beam display which does not seem to show any 'Energy' produced, either on the chart view or the energy display, between the hours of 7am and 11 am on a daily basis.

The display on the SB1700 seems to be functioning correctly at this time with the current instantaneous power, daily energy and total enery being shown.
Only the instantaneous power displays at this time on the Sunny Beam.
When the chart view starts operating at 11am it does not include the power produced from 7am. The total power is not updated until the 'Power Yesterday' display on the following day, although the chart view remains the same.

I have thoroughly re-checked all of the System Settings which appear correct (including Time, Date, TZ etc)
Eventually I resorted to a full reset but this only produced a full display for the first day, after which it reverted to the missing data display.

Maybe I am missing something obvious but I can't find any solution. I have emailed SMA Australia and ZEN but have received no reply to date -anyone experienced similar problems or got any advice?

Trev

Dingdoc

Posted: 05:12am 11 Jan 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Today I finally got to speak to someone from the installing company and he admitted that they were aware of a problem with the SMA equipment and that they had been communicating with SMA to get it sorted - so I wait with baited breath!!
My guess is that the new Sunny Beam has a nightime shutdown time in which it processes the days data and that this time period of 4 hrs has not been tied to the timezone and local time data in the firmware program.
Hopefully they will come out with a new firmware update which should cure the problem.
Judging by the lack of respones to my first post, the fault is not very common or people have just been ignoring it.
Trev

Dingdoc

Posted: 08:32am 28 Jul 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Yesterday I downloaded & installed firmware update V 01.07.06 from the SMA website.
This seems to have rectified the power graph problems although I have not had time to check all of the other functions on the Sunny Beam with Bluetooth unit.

The firmware update was performed via USB transfer of the update file from the computer running Ubuntu Linux with no problems, even though the instruction manual says to use Windows - I thought it was worth a try!!

I'm not sure how long this update has been available as I had almost given up looking since first trying in January.

Trev

KarlJ

Guru

Posted: 11:18am 01 Aug 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

cant be any worse than Google powermeter, I got that so i could view the lot on line
turns out it adds generation to the total making me look like an energy pig where the reverse is the case use 8 punch in 19!!!

Luck favours the well prepared

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024