Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 18:57 02 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Solar : Altronics solar panels

SSW_squall

Posted: 02:03am 13 Jun 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi All,
As i may have mentioned in the price watch thread a while ago, Altronics have a new range of monocrystalline solar panels at some fairly good prices...
So much so that i decided to buy a couple:

This is the 10W unit which cost about $44 wholesale, i brought a 5W one as well which cost $23 wholesale.
According to the labels there made by IRES SOLAR

Very nice indead!!
I even came with the proper IP67 solar connectors prewired!!
Inside the junction box there is a bypass diode wired accross the panel for protection.
They easily deliver there rated output in full sun, not that we've been getting much of that at this time of year...
I've replaced the crapy 5W(real world 1W) amphorous solar panel on the hay shed lighting system and it now collects enough energy each day even in the cloudy weather to keep the 7Ah battery floating at 13.8V

AB

Einstein: Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024