Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 18:43 02 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Solar : Fronius solarweb display

kpeters

Posted: 01:12am 17 Jun 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

The bar chart on the Fronius solarweb display seems to go to 7kWh per day only. Does anyone know if it shows higher values than this? We have a new 2kW installation on our church hall roof and are keen to show how well it can do. On recent sunny days it has hit the top of the graph. Ever hopeful! Karin
Karin & Bill

neil0mac

Posted: 05:00am 17 Jun 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

kpeters said   The bar chart on the Fronius solarweb display seems to go to 7kWh per day only.

Or was that 7KW (without the 'hours')? If so, then it 'could be' 7 KW per hour times 'x' hours a day. (Just a mite large for a 2KW system unless you think that the Almighty is going to subsidise it?)

kpeters

Posted: 05:11am 17 Jun 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks for your reply. The vertical axis of the graph is labelled "kWh" and the output hit the 7 one day last week.
Karin & Bill

neil0mac

Posted: 07:43am 17 Jun 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

OK. I misunderstood what you were referring to. Apols.

If you are saying that a 2KW system is only producing 7KWHrs, that would indicate about 3 1/2 of full sun - or there is a rather high system loss somewhere? (At 7 hours of full sun, it is only producing at 'half capacity' - not knowing the details of where it is installed makes it very large guess, though.)

kpeters

Posted: 12:37pm 17 Jun 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Sorry, I haven't explained properly.
Fronius is an Austrian company - you can imagine that their website and the software that produces the display are designed for Northern European conditions.
For all I know, 7kWh could be more than a domestic solar power system could be expected to generate per day in Austria.
Our panels are in Sydney in a good position so I'm hoping for more than this on a good day - BUT will it show on the graph???
I am hoping someone who has experience of Fronius systems will tell me that the scale WILL adapt to show higher numbers of kWh if and when they occur, just as if a spreadsheet makes a graph to suit the numbers put into it.

Karin & Bill

neil0mac

Posted: 01:23am 18 Jun 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

kpeters said  
For all I know, 7kWh could be more than a domestic solar power system could be expected to generate per day in Austria

Austria is about 47 - 8 degrees north latitude - roughly the same as the bottom of NZ is south. Sydney is 34.5 deg. south.

Wait to see what a summer day in Sydney produces - 10 - 12 KWH?

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024