Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 17:02 17 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Solar : requirments, smart meter v interval

rgormley

Posted: 09:00pm 07 Oct 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi all,

A friend is having panels put up..
he asked the installer (envirogroup) if he must have the new smart meter installed.
They said no,they will arrage for a "interval meter" to be installed. and that there is NO requiremnt later for the smart meter to be installed....hhmmm....

Q1: He is currently being charged charged a "metering charge" on the electricity bill as we all are at the moment, will he get a refund??

Q2: or will he simply have the new smart meter installed in anycase, some tinme in the future when the rollout hits his suburb?

Thanks for any answers..

Cheers,
Richard

rgormley

Posted: 09:10pm 07 Oct 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

** ok i think i have found my answer.....

i like how they say it`s easier to connect and disconnect you if moving house.... nice way of saying we can shut you down anytine we like if we decide to load share....

http://www.originenergy.com.au/3215/FAQs

I have already installed a bi-directional/interval meter for my solar panels will I still need a smart meter?

Yes. Other meters (including 'Bi-directional/Interval meters') are not ‘smart meters'.

Interval and smart meters both measure the imports from and exports to the State’s electricity grid on a half-hourly basis. Both are feed-in tariff friendly. However, smart meters have more advanced capabilities: they can be monitored remotely and include additional functionalities that will make it easier to connect and disconnect power when you move house.

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024