Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 14:45 17 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Solar : nsw solar rebate on feed-in

brucedownunder2
Guru

Posted: 01:14am 27 Oct 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

The nsw govt has just reduced from midnight tonite , the 60c down to 20c 's...

Lovely little minds ...these govt people....

Bruce
Bushboy

VK4AYQ
Guru

Posted: 01:56am 27 Oct 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Smoke and Mirrors from a broke Labor government, The one thing that politicians are good for apart from dog food, is lying and breaking promises, Read from SMH

Note that they are penalizing those who trying to improve the environment and not penalizing the commercial producers, this government is on the skids, big time.

More Waffle and male bovine excrement that emerges from the mouth of politicians every time they open their mouth.

All the best

Bob

Bid to put brakes on runaway electricity prices
Brian Robins
October 27, 2010 - 12:10PM

The NSW government has moved to rein in surging electricity prices.

From midnight tonight it will cut the price paid for electricity bought under its generous solar power scheme.

And it will review capital spending by power companies.
Advertisement: Story continues below

Household power prices have already risen by up to 13 per cent this year, and they within three years they could go up by 42 per cent under power company increments approved by the federal and state governments.

NSW Premier Kristina Keneally said today the review of spending plans by the electricity companies would be concluded in time for them to make revised applications to the federal government's Australian Energy Regulator by early next year. That could see a slowing in price rises.

The popular solar scheme, which has seen a big take up by families, would have added a further $4 billion to the cost of electricity, representing $80-$130 per household per year.

This will now be reduced as a result of the decision to slash from 60c to 20c per kilowatt hour the price families get for feeding solar energy into the electricity grid.

That comes into effect from midnight for all new solar applications.

There has been a flood of solar installations and Ms Keneally said today: "If we continue at this rate ... we would generate about $4 billion in costs.

"We are slowing down the scheme to avoid $2.5 billion of costs being passed on to households."

NSW decided to introduced a "gross" feed-in tariff scheme, whereby households receive 60c per kilowatt hour, unlike other states which introduced a "net" scheme, where households received payment only for electricity sold into the power grid.

This overly generous scheme has sparked a surge in the uptake of solar panels in NSW.

Already, 101 megawatts of capacity has been installed, and applications are being processed which will see that rise to 193 megawatts over the next few months.

When the scheme was introduced at the start of the year, it was anticipated that it would result in the installation of 300 megawatts of generating capacity over the six year life of the scheme.

Households with systems already installed, or applied for, will receive the 60c tariff, although all new applications received after mid-night tonight will be receive the lower 20c tariff.

Ms Keneally said that since the scheme was planned, the price of panels has more than halved, so that households have been able to recocver the cost of installing solar panel systems in two years, rather than the eight years anticipated initially.
Edited by VK4AYQ 2010-10-28
Foolin Around

brucedownunder2
Guru

Posted: 03:04am 27 Oct 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

A rethink ,,,,

I'm in Qld. so I'm on a "Net" feed-in.. so, thats why I don't see a big rebate.. I'm home all day every day , so applicances ,TV, Internet, Etc are on most of the daylight time ... whereas, if we were working ,then the feed-in would be approx 8 hours a day.
So, I'm happy with my $355 1Kw system .

Bruce
Bushboy

VK4AYQ
Guru

Posted: 03:34am 27 Oct 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Bruce

I am in the same situation as you so all isnt lost in QLD, it just gets up my nose that where some useful gains in pollution reduction could be made, they step in and ruin the incentive for people to be involved.

My little system has averaged 5 kw a day since installation, and with a bit extra from the wind and a couple of other panels has reduced my bill by 80% so its well worth it.
Once I get the next mill up and running that should get me to a $0 bill, but the biggest contributor was the SHWS.

All the best

Bob
Foolin Around

GWatPE

Posted: 04:10am 27 Oct 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

The Gross feed in tarif on total energy produced does not encourage the household to reduce energy consumption, wheras the net scheme does. The gross tarif on energy produced only offsets the household costs and gives the energy provider a green energy component without having to do much for it. I am not surprised that the NSW GOV has had to reduce the value.

The SA scheme on net exported power was legislated to be govt backed for 20 years, and the govt is planning on increasing the feed in tarif from 44c to 54c per unit.

I cannot see how the relatively small number of solar installs can be blamed for these rising costs. There may be a small contributing factor, but the govt is subsidizing the export premium and not the power company. The exported power has virtually nil transmission losses, and the power companies get to recharge other customers for the power. The power companies are still making significant profits, so it seems that this increasing power cost spiral is a money grab to profit investers. The solar aspect is just a poor excuse.

Gordon.

Edited by GWatPE 2010-10-28
become more energy aware

neil0mac

Posted: 09:14am 27 Oct 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Any NSW people have till 16th Nov to apply IF they have already made a non-refundable deposit on equipment.

Our group are set to get their $7.3 M (at 'normal' retail prices) bunch of panels and get the 60 Cents.

Our local installer is already looking to move interstate in the coming year when work disappears almost entirely.

Anyone interested in setting up a buying group like ours should start looking for a 'dis-placed' NSW installer - we are looking at <$10K (maybe only $8K?)for a 5KW system.

neil0mac

Posted: 11:13pm 27 Oct 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Big discussion on .... http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1563139&p =-1#bottom

brucedownunder2
Guru

Posted: 11:55pm 27 Oct 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Can't open that link ,Neil . tried 2 whirlpool forums ,can't find it

Bruce
Bushboy

neil0mac

Posted: 12:31am 28 Oct 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Search for (Google (?) ... nsw feed in tarrif chnages midnight!!!

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024