Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 14:19 24 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Solar : Solar Panels

Trev

Guru

Posted: 10:33pm 06 Mar 2007
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi all,
Some good prices on solar panels at the moment. I had been watching the prices rapidly climbing over the last couple of years. And with the current climate, huge demand worldwide the manufacturers have struggled in trying to keep up. This is not likely to change in the near future, with more price rises.

Sharp 80 watt, currently have a list price of between $880 to $913. These are top quality panels with a 25 year warranty.
My price for the month of March is $750 inc Gst + freight. If we can get orders of 20 or more ( from any number of people) I will sell for $700.

Trev @ drivebynature.com

Magooly

Posted: 08:27am 10 Mar 2007
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Trev
I think you should look here
http://www.renewablestore.com.au/catalog/index.php?main_page =index&cPath=1_38

Trev

Guru

Posted: 10:08am 10 Mar 2007
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks Magooly,
There is always someone ahead of you. They obviously have bigger buying power. You notice the list price is still $880.

For a one off Sharp 80 watt solar panel I will beat that price. $650 inc Gst + freight
If there is orders of 20 or more (from any number of people) then I will sell for $640.

Sheezzzz...... there goes the profit margin. Ahh ...what the heck, This month (March 07).

So if you are interested in any panels you can email me direct or add your interest here. Just say how many panels you want, and whether buy now at $650 or only if there are enough people to order (panel numbers to at least reach 20)

Example 1
Trev - 2 panels only if orders can reach 20 before the end of the month

Example 2
Trev - 2 panels prefer wait & see if 20 panels are ordered. If not order any way.

Example 3
Trev - 2 panels order now.
Edited by Trev 2007-03-11
Trev @ drivebynature.com

AMUN-RA

Posted: 12:56pm 10 Mar 2007
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hey trev Sharp/conergy 80 watt NE-80EJE $660.00 pick up from townsville any amount,any lower than that and I'll be paying customers to take them away.
Every day the sun shines
& gravity sucks= free energy.

RossW
Guru

Posted: 09:06pm 10 Mar 2007
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

AMUN-RA said  
Hey trev Sharp/conergy 80 watt NE-80EJE $660.00 pick up from townsville any amount,any lower than that and I'll be paying customers to take them away.

That sounds like a great idea!

How about you pay me $10 each to take them, I'll book a truck to come and collect them! :)

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 05:08am 12 Mar 2007
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hey Trev, whats the delivery time. And how much is freight if I pick up from your place? I see the local guys in Mackay are selling those panels for $759, so your price is very good.

Put me down for 2 panels please, either way, happy to pay $650 for them.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

Trev

Guru

Posted: 10:51am 12 Mar 2007
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Ok Glenn, no problem. Delivery expected late in the month.
No freight if pick up from me.

Trev @ drivebynature.com

petanque don

Posted: 03:21am 14 Mar 2007
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Green and gold energy claim the release of the suncube will be in April 2007

How long there will be between the release and having enough stocks that they will be easily available to purchase will depend on many things.

Equally the suncube is new technology so there is potential for teething problems.

The cost for a 300w unit with a grid tie inverter is expected to be in the order of $1500.

Being a tracking system it should produce full power for a longer part of the day than flat panels

Having seen a prototype it seems that it should work but with any new product it is impossible to think of all potential problems but as I understand they come with a guarantee.

Equally the reliability of the finished product may also depend on the licensee that produces them.

Trev

Guru

Posted: 11:12am 14 Mar 2007
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

One panel ordered privately today. So the score is now 3 panels. 17 more, and all buyers get the discounted price of $640. This month.

There are always some new fang dangles talked about petanque don.

Some years ago there was this great new product used as window tint. The claim was that the windows of a modern office would be tinted and it would produce enough energy (electricity) to run the whole office.

Also some time ago I had access to clear solar panels. The claim was that they had been developed for the space industry. And used for some time in space projects. They produced power from both side of the panel. 'Now' available to the public as down to earth prices - you pay for the front and get the back free! They had a lot of trouble with them and not available anymore.

Sharp are a proven panel. We don't let the fridge get hot waiting for something 'better'.

Trev @ drivebynature.com

Trev

Guru

Posted: 10:36am 29 Mar 2007
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi All,
Solar panels have arrived, any advances on 3 panels - 2 days left in March.

Trev @ drivebynature.com

Trev

Guru

Posted: 12:16pm 03 Apr 2007
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

The month is over, but panels continue selling. Still a few panels left in this batch. I know some of you want them, but take more time to scrape the money together.

I will always endeaver to keep good prices, (not only on solar panels but on all products), so when you are ready to buy, email me for an up to date price.

Trev @ drivebynature.com

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024