Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 16:05 29 Mar 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Solar : solar rebate

brucedownunder2
Guru

Posted: 10:12pm 08 May 2007
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hello crew,,,

Anyone have the details of the conditions set out for to be eligable for the $8k rebate or part thereof-- ..If it's decent ,,I'd like to add 300watts..

Bruce
Bushboy

dwyer
Guru

Posted: 12:56am 09 May 2007
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Bruce
This sound very intesting about $8k rebate however what about our water?? Nothing much about however there was a secret meeting in Aust sometime ago about removing 11 million Australian to send overseas because chronic water storage and have already start to talking about removing approx 250 resident town of Leyburn & 500 resident Killarney Queensland because town and bore water have run dry and cant afford to transport water costing $8000 week

Dwyer the bushman

Highlander

Posted: 08:51am 09 May 2007
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Bruce, the minimum system is for 450 watts, they will contribute $4 per watt for new systems and $2.50 per watt for add ons to systems. It was capped to $4000 rebate but will be $8000 soon.
Check out this link and read all the conditions
http://www.sustainability.vic.gov.au/www/html/1388-photovolt aic-rebate-program.asp?intSiteID=4

It has to be installed by an accredited person and all new parts, batteries included.
Central Victorian highlands

dwyer
Guru

Posted: 10:44am 09 May 2007
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi highlander and crews
What other state?? And l do find lot cheaper done private as l know l have a friend who live on farm near Gatton (3 years ago) who has one done by an accredited person from Brisbane company fit 4 solar l think 75 watts panel, 8 large batteries (simpler to forklift batteries) and Sine wave Latronics pure sine wave 2000 watt inverters, Industrial battery chargers specifically made to run on a generator not including the cost for 4.5kva 240 volt Honda motor, Plasmatronic solar regulators and wiring up to batteries that sitting outside in the open on the ground near the house no batteries shed late the owner of house put old water tank over the top the batteries as l was horrified when l saw this and l offer to help him out to giving advise building batteries shed however he told me not too worry about later he build small batteries box out of industrial fridge form panel approx 75mm thick and what l have been told that set-up cost by an accredited company cost him fee of near $30,000 and this is arip off and got back rebate from Qld gov $18.000 back for poor quality work ship and this worse bullsh*t jobs ever I seen in my life and l will show some photos soon as l do feel sorry for my mate and only met him and his wife two years ago

Dwyer the Bushman

brucedownunder2
Guru

Posted: 08:47pm 09 May 2007
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Yes, thanks for that guys.

Water,, we have two 40 K tanks and have only trucked in 12 K one in 3 years. And that was because I let 1 tank go dry for crack repairs , then the other for similar repairs.

it's allright for me and us rural dwellers ,but really the rest of the population has to seriously look at conservation-we actually use EVERY litre . 1st washing,nice clothing,2nd towels and house gear,,3rd working clothing, 4 th water is used for washing bathroom floors,toilets,laundry floor,patio decks.
If any other ,them the garden gets a drink.

we have 8 dwellers in our area,they are all friends and all do the same..
my car got washed by holden in the assembly line - it's the dirty rodeo that is a friend to all the other dirty cars up our way--

Solar rebate,,, what a joke,, I'm not accredited,but classes for "accredited" installers can be held here at my place for free-- sarcastic invation ,sorry.

so, really, the installer's quote is what you get back ,sort of thing. And the labor party's free-interest bit is even worse,you pay the installer (prob,no free interest here), and yet u still have to pay the full price for the solar panels and gear.

Bruce
Bushboy

AMUN-RA

Posted: 08:01am 10 May 2007
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Dwyer If your friend had a problem with an accredited installer he should contact the BCSE with photo evidence of the install and follow up with a letter of complaint.
The BCSE is part of the system to protect the consumers of PV systems use the system to rid the industry of cowboys and we will all benefit from the huge potential of this industry. As for the rebate last week a 1kw grid conect system cost about $16000.00 fitted with $4000 dollar rebate,now the rebate has doubled but the price of the systems is the same, Time to buy from my point.In Queensland the EPA gives out the money but you must have pre approval before you purchase the system then you have 6 month's to install, and the install must be by an accredited BCSE installer & designer.you can use the system or take your chances with the cowboys' your choice. Mick.
Every day the sun shines
& gravity sucks= free energy.

dwyer
Guru

Posted: 11:03am 10 May 2007
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi AMUM-RA
Thank for your good feedback however I will try see the owner on this weekend and have to ask his permission to take some photo of donkey job as he told me he doesn’t know how this system work or has not good knowledge on electricity stuff nor mechanical mind but he is trademan in building houses which l understand that not everyone is bright on one things but maybe clever on other things.
Sometime ago my mate rang me one night asking for help as 24 volts Latronics pure sine waves 2000 watts inverter keep cutting off (Due low voltages protection) so next morning l arrive his farm and found Honda power Generator running trying to charge the batteries and having problem with Honda power generator I found with my multimeter the batteries voltage was not going anywhere than 20 volts and check the amps on the industries charger no volt meter just amp meter showing approx 25 amp and went to Honda Generator and again check for the voltages was running 206 AC volts instead 240 volts so l grab a screw drive and adjust air controller governor and increase the engine speed approx 3000rpm with Voltage went up to 240 volts same with batteries voltage approx 26 volt maybe little bit more and the problem was solve. Other few day later other problem again motor was running faster and went back again found out what is causing running on higher alcohol fuel instead unleaded fuel plus some poor quality fuel causing my mate a head ace anyway l had to show my mate how to adjust the engine speed and fellow the batteries charger meter to correct charging amperes now so far as everything going good

Dwyer the Bushman

AMUN-RA

Posted: 11:52am 10 May 2007
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Dwyer I am also tradesman building houses in Townsville
I am learning slowly solar and electronics
Good friends and good forums good life.
MICK.
Every day the sun shines
& gravity sucks= free energy.

dwyer
Guru

Posted: 12:21pm 10 May 2007
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

AMUN-RA
hi agian that No worried I was Maintence fitter, boilmaker for many years until workplace accident few years after force me to work inside unclean bitumen roadtanker that caught fire while l was inside the Tanker ago now l am not well person anymore still fighting with workcover and con solictor and when l was young lad I was electronic wireman in 60 but things has change alot as l cant keep up the latest eletronic but still my hobbies including windmill slowly building one now
Dwyer the Bushman

domwild
Guru

Posted: 05:42am 27 May 2007
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Dwyer and friends,

Walpole in a 1000 mm rainfall area in the SW of WA gets the water trucked in from Denmark, suspect 50-60 km away, a few tankers each day costing heaps. Lack of infrastructure. Latrobe Valley power stations get drinking water instead of recycled water, Melbourne could have 15% more water if it were not for that lack of infrastructure.

Taxation as a means of achieving prosperity is like a man standing inside a bucket trying to lift himself up.

Winston Churchill

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024