Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 05:27 19 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Solar : Grid-Tie Solar package

Page 2 of 2    
AMUN-RA

Posted: 08:26am 14 Nov 2007
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Robert if u got 12k they should be knocking down your door sharp 175 should available now depends on your supplier otherwise sharp 167 is a good option I may be able to help contact me mta33788@bigpond.net.au

Every day the sun shines
& gravity sucks= free energy.

dazler

Posted: 08:33am 11 Feb 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

brucedownunder2 said  

The panels are 6 X 175 watt single crystal silicon modules,(Sharp).

The inverter is a 1200 Watt PV edge grid connected inverter.

This system can accomodate a wind generator,extra panels,and a Latronics inverted suitable for the system is available if you decide to combine the above with a 48v battery bank .

Bruce

hi all new here, its a great aussie site.
Q I'm getting a new solar 1KW system for the new house. but i have two to choices
1. 6x 167w sharps and Fronius 1500w inverter.
2. 6x 170w Suntech and Latronics PV Edge 1200Watt inverter.
as above the pv edge inverter can hook up the wind genny ,this would be in the future. could we hook up our F&Ps this a battery bank and connect to the inverter?
thanks
darren

AMUN-RA

Posted: 09:16am 11 Feb 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

darren look to the future and upgrade to the ig 20 fronius or the pv edge 2500 if u plan to upgrade later
cheaper to do it now Mick.
Every day the sun shines
& gravity sucks= free energy.

Robert_VK2BBR

Posted: 11:49pm 11 Feb 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi guys a couple of pics of my 1.55KW system. 10x BP155 w panels connected 5 in series then two sets in parralel. Inverter is a Sunnyboy 1700w unit. So far it has rained for the whole two months since installation. We have still managed over 260KW hours, with a maximum of about 8.6 KWh in a day. Max output seen is 1770 W so the rumor that BP is down rating its panels to ensure compliance with their 12 year 90% performance guarantee seems true.
regards Robert
Edited by Robert_VK2BBR 2008-02-13
1555 W grid connect system since Jan 08
both vehicles running on modified, used vege oil.

GWatPE

Posted: 11:57pm 11 Feb 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Darren,

More people need to take up the $8000 rebate offer.

I have had discussions with LaTronics just prior to the release of the PVE1200.

The PVedge 1200 inverter is for a nom 48V system. The inverter is grid tied and performs different functions with and without a battery connected.

Without a battery and with just solar panels, the inverter is a normal grid feeding MPPT solar system. If a wind generator is added then this would complicate the MPPT of the array. Solar output would be reduced unless some sort of power matching cct was added to the windmill.

When a battery is connected then the solar MPPT function is disabled. Depending on the panel type and wiring will determine the match to the battery. If you have monocrystaline cells, then significant solar panel output reduction may occur. You probably should use another MPPT on the array if you connect a battery to the system.

Adding a battery and windmill to a solar grid system may reduce the solar output more than the power the windmill produces.

In my situation I use the battery stored wind energy to reduce the total daily consumption from the grid. The windmill currently produces on average around 1.5kWhr per day in the summer. I have removed the solar component from the battery system input. All of my solar goes back to the grid with MPPT SMA gridfeed inverters. The household consumption is now being geared to maximizing solar export, to make use of the increased buy-back rate planned for July,2008. If the battery voltage increases to above 28.3V, then this power can be exported as well. The system is now fully automatic. I did have some difficulty matching the battery export to the MPPTracked voltage of the solar panels. The SMA inverter MPPTracks the combined battery and solar to within 1V of the solar MPP alone. The solar MPP ranges from 144V to 165V depending on solar insolation and temperature. The battery voltage when gridfeeding is maintained between 28.3 and 28.5V. The system can export day or night, if there is wind or solar.

Another forum member "fillm" is planning on using 2 PVE1200 for his solar/wind system.

A single inverter may not give enough flexibility in your application. The system will work, but it is probable that a single inverter will have an impact on the system performance and the long term payback time.

I have found some difficulty matching to commercial systems.

Good luck. You are going the right way.

cheers, Gordon.

become more energy aware

GWatPE

Posted: 12:00am 12 Feb 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Robert,

can you please edit your photo. This problem still seems to occur, and the solution has been posted many times.

cheers.

become more energy aware

dazler

Posted: 09:06am 13 Feb 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

thanks Gordon sounds like you know your stuff!

i think I'll go with no1 as above. as i can play with the wind Genny and 600w inverter i have , but need new battery's. my don't seen the get over 12v and the wind mill is only 3 amps max on the meter.
all good fun.
Gordon whats the system u have? sounds good

Darren

imsmooth

Posted: 10:28pm 13 Feb 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I have 12kw on my roof with three 3300W Sunnyboy inverters. They are Sharp 170W panels and there are 24 panels for each inverter. The State of New Jersey paid 60% of the cost and I get to sell my clean energy credits each month. Next year the price of each credit is going up so I should actually make money on this in 5yrs.

GWatPE

Posted: 03:08am 14 Feb 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Darren,

What Brand is the 600W inverter you already have? Is it a grid tied inverter, or is it stand alone, with a battery?

My 120208 post describes much of my system.

Hi imsmooth,

I make your solar 12.24kW. You have only 9.9kW of inverter. Is the sun angle so low that you can overrate the solar by that much. I have 1.68kW of solar on a 1.7kW inverter, and I have seen 1.71kW going back to the grid. I am at a latitude of 35.5 S.

On average, we buy about 3kWhr and export about 6kWhr of premium rate power per day.

A 12kW array on my house could earn $1000's per year. The tax man would be very grateful. This would be around A$100k of investment.

Money well spent, but probably not DIY.

cheers, Gordon.

become more energy aware

dazler

Posted: 07:10am 14 Feb 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

hi Gordon
600W inverter stand alone, with a 2 * 12v battery.
DarrenEdited by dazler 2008-02-15

imsmooth

Posted: 06:45pm 15 Feb 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I'm at 45 in New Jersey, USA
Also, the panels are just a little south of east. I max out on the inverter in the spring and early summer for a few hours in the morning. Then, the sun moves away. I had spoken with my installer at the time and he didn't think the few extra kwhrs would be worth the additional inverter costs for a larger unit. I will get an idea how much I am missing out this spring as they only went up in July 2007.

Right now they are hitting 2.8kw in the morning.

Page 2 of 2    
Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024