Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 12:29 24 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Solar : SOLAR: HOTWATER & HEATING

RICHARD

Posted: 06:36am 03 Jan 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I am designing a small seaside house 120m2 in an area which only affords mains electricity.
I require a unit which will supply hotwater for service areas - kitchen/shower + hydronic heating - maximum 7 copper panels. That is a looped system that provides continuous hot water - eg. like the 'Green Heat' system.

1. I require a Heat Pump - eg. Quantum, Skyline Energy that will service both.
The latter manufactures a unit specifically for hydronic heating so here in lies the problem since I don't want to find myself having to use 2 units
2. I have heard that evacuated tubes may be used in conjunction with a heat pump?
3. The ideal system would take in evacuated tubes + heat pump

Would appreciate some advice

SOLAR ENERGY

AMUN-RA

Posted: 08:41pm 03 Jan 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Richard the Conergy heat pump can be bought without a storage tank it may be of use to u www.conergy.com.au
Mick
Every day the sun shines
& gravity sucks= free energy.

RICHARD

Posted: 10:37pm 03 Jan 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Mick,

Thanks for your response I will certainly follow this up. As indicated I am rather green in respect to solar.

If I understand you correctly you are suggesting
I could use 1 heat pump with tank + 1 further heat pump only linked up to the other for hotwater shower/kitchen and hydronic heating via a loop?

Can evacuated tubes be used in conjunction with a heat pump?

Was reading that certain heat pumps give off an oily residue which may be the case with the Skyrange heat pump that is specifically manufactured for hydronic heating!

Thanks again and have an enjoyable day.

Richard.

SOLAR ENERGY

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024