Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 02:02 26 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Solar : Solar collectors

wind-pirate

Posted: 02:58am 07 Jan 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I'm in the process of designing and building a solar collector(s). I have 4 pices of 4mm glass that i want to use for this purpose.They are 3'x6'/(1m)x(2m). I whould like to make this to heat my house floor. I have got a good general knowlage of what I need to do. But i'm not sure what size of copper tubing to use. I figured 3/4" (20mm) comming in the bottom of the collector. Then tee off to "TWO" 3/8" (10mm) On each side of center "serpintined" then back to 3/4" (20mm)at centre outlet. (They would be attached to a black heating panel), That would run through the foor joists in pex line and return the collector(s). I'm not sure about the copper part. what works good, and what don't. Any suggestions would sure be helpful and appricated. They would be mostly for winter use. We get little sun in Dec & Jan. so they won't work well then. But when the sun shines we can fell the warth. "any thoughts?"

The pirate
Ron.

THE Pirate.
stealing wind & solar energy is fun

greif

Posted: 04:07am 07 Jan 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

http://users.telenet.be/hagim/zonne_energie/building%20solar %20collector.htm

here is a diy guide

my hrleodyne panels use 3/4 main tubes with 1/2 conneting them

greif

Posted: 04:11am 07 Jan 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

sorry for the spelling should be heleodyne.

i would put a raddient insulation an insh or so under copper tubing to reflect back into the copper any extra heat then high temp foam board under that

put weep holes in to get rid of moisture inside

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024