Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 20:46 20 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Solar : Deposit??

petanque don

Posted: 06:26am 04 Mar 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Having got a quote for a solar system I was asked for a $2,500.00 deposit.

It makes me nervous that they have a considerable sum of money and I have nothing but a promise.

What do people think is a reasonable thing?

AMUN-RA

Posted: 01:09pm 04 Mar 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

10-30% is ok so this would be a 1kw system???? you must already have your pre aproval so you have delt with this person for some time now all will be well. Mick.

Every day the sun shines
& gravity sucks= free energy.

petanque don

Posted: 11:14pm 04 Mar 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

It is for a compete 1Kw system the person has come and given us a quote and suggested they need the deposit now and that the system will come in another 2-3 months.

AMUN-RA

Posted: 07:46am 05 Mar 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I would not even order the system till the customer has his approval from the ago when you have the approval letter I then ask for the deposit and order the system can have one in townsville within a week.Not sure where you are but I hope all goes well for you.Mick
cranbrooksolar@bigpond.com
Every day the sun shines
& gravity sucks= free energy.

Feral

Posted: 12:31pm 05 Mar 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

petanque don
If you dont have a signed contract and the suppliers full business details on the document signed by an authorised individual, dont pay any money or you will just end up another victim.
The subcontracters in the building industry learnt their lesson many years ago and there is not many of them still operating.

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024