Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 07:46 29 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Solar : Qld Gov initiative

Jon Bennett

Posted: 03:58am 06 Mar 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Fairly sure this one isn't a scam.

Queensland Solar homes Program

regards
Jon

petanque don

Posted: 04:51am 06 Mar 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

There are 2 ways to asses this offer.

Spend $1000.00 to $1500.00and save $260.00 year a return between 26% and 17%

There would be a lot of people with shares that would be delighted to achieve this return (especially this year)

Spend $1000.00 to $1500.00and save $260.00 year and get a payback period of just under 4 years to about 5.8 years.

Both ways it looks like a good deal.

As long as you are not intending to move house. How much a solar system on the roof changes the price of a house I have no idea.

If the government is going to go and throw money around why wouldn’t you line up to get some?

brucedownunder2
Guru

Posted: 10:02pm 06 Mar 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I applied for this scheme yesterday ,,but the 1000 applicants are all in today ?.

Be lucky to get on this as they will select the most close applicants ,I'd reckon. They don't envisage these systems to be operational until the end of this year. but did say next year there would be 2000 systems and so on .

Anyhow ,something for very little expense ,,might as well try and get aboard..

Bruce
Bushboy

Jon Bennett

Posted: 04:29am 10 Mar 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

5000 applicants in 48 hours.

regards
jon

brucedownunder2
Guru

Posted: 09:16pm 11 Mar 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Crew,,I heard the last bit of a news report yesterday that said the Queensland Govt. will be offering 44 cents per Kw for consumer fed power into the grid ..

Bruce
Bushboy

petanque don

Posted: 02:53am 12 Mar 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Certainly there are sensible arguments for largish in feed tariffs.

Lack of distribution losses.

Reduction in peak load.

Reduced need for upgrading infrastructure.

Reduced need for large central power plants, this could be politically unpopular with the current environmental concerns.

In the current political climate it seems every party wishes to appear green once one group announce a bonus scheme every body else is left playing catch-up.

Trev

Guru

Posted: 10:41pm 09 Apr 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Yes the 44cents is Gov't talk and only on excess delivered to the grid. Ergon are still maintaining a kw for kw rule.

If anyone in Qld has received cash for kw, I want to know.

Trev @ drivebynature.com

petanque don

Posted: 12:30am 10 Apr 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

In SA if you maintain a credit for a year you are entitled to a payment.

With 1Kw system in Adelaide producing about 4.5 Kw hours per day it would be a very frugal household that would maintain a credit for a year.

Unless you have a larger system that then wouldn’t qualify for a government rebate.

However depending on your tax rate a dollar saved can be worth more than a dollar earned.

GWatPE

Posted: 02:20am 10 Apr 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Don,

I have been recording my system for over 18 months now. I have found that almost 90% of the solar power that I produce, is exported back to the grid. This is because most of the power consumption occurs in the early evening. The usage pattern will mean that when the 44c per unit comes in on July 1, I will benefit greatly, but not necessarily profit. I would immagine that most households with occupants at school or at work during the peak solar part of the day, that a similar benefit would occur.

In SA the increased export and rebates are applicable to up to a max. installed 10kW single phase or 30kW 3phase system.

The effectiveness of the rebate and export rate diminish with the capital cost of a system. The 1kW offers the best rate of return on capital, but a larger system may have a better longer term return.

I am not sure how long the federal gov. will maintain the $8000 rebate. The demand is into the second years allocation of funding and it has been less than a year.

I would personally not over capitalise. It seems pointless to pay income tax on a credit. Gordon.
become more energy aware

Jon Bennett

Posted: 04:03am 24 Jul 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Good news for those who didn't make it on the ballot

Quote from winner of tender for solar homes program
"Eco-Kinetics will have up to 12 months to install the systems in households that have already been chosen in a ballot but the offer will then be opened to all Queenslanders."

unless I have read it wrong looks like if you are eligble for the federal government rebate you can get the same deal.

regards
jon

petanque don

Posted: 07:31am 24 Jul 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

$185 potentially a payback period of less than 9 months!!!!!

Certainly the cost seems to no longer be a barrier.

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024