Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 17:21 18 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Other Stuff : Going home....

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 08:47am 12 Apr 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Admittedly, I am actually on the Cooper's Home Brew tonight, but THIS video is fantastic.....

GOING HOME

I always loved this tune, but when paired up with the scenery.....lovely.

Best played loud.
Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

Chopperp

Guru

Posted: 09:08am 12 Apr 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

At least you can understand what he is singing about.......
ChopperP

CaptainBoing

Guru

Posted: 03:36pm 12 Apr 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Let's watch Grogs pop something... Sheffield's (currently) favourite son...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh4p7HTfj2M&feature=youtu.be&t=120

Edited by CaptainBoing 2019-04-14

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 10:33pm 12 Apr 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Well, you made my point for me I think, Captain....

I personally can't stand that stuff, but if other do, then fine.
Music is a very personal choice.

CaptainBoing

Guru

Posted: 08:52am 13 Apr 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

yep, that was the intention - Good catch!

I think a certain style gets embedded in you when you are in your formative years (teens and 20's) and then everything else is (largely) garbage... like "Toddla T"

I remember my parents moaning about the music I listened to and I sort of do it today with my kids.

The wheel turns, does it not?

Keith Johnson

Posted: 02:11am 27 Apr 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Some kindred spirits.

Music like my apprentice plays in the truck until his grumpy old boss operates the stop button :-)

Home brew beer, home brew electronics, home brew cars and 260 m2 of back shed to do it all in. What could be better.

Looking for some other stuff, actually a home for an enormous collection of electronics magazines dating from the days when it was called Wireless.
Australian Radio and Hobbies pretty much a full set from 1939 along with Electronics Australia and Silicon chip from ancient times.

was deposited in my shed by someone who thought they would sell, but couldn't find that collector that needed to sell his home to possess them. While very interesting I don't do much electronics these days, rather build cars in my shed after doing techie stuff all day for a living.

Like most of the treasure we accumulate the peasants who will clean out our shed after we have gone will just dump it into landfill.

I have been trying to find someone or someplace that would like this heritage collection.

Any suggestions in Australia??

Thanks
Keith

Sunny Longreach Outback Queensland

brucedownunder2
Guru

Posted: 04:39am 27 Apr 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Keith.

Nice story, brings back memories of Longreach and me as a trainee PMG(post master generals Dept.) guy.

I did a six week course on the national radio station outside town ,,long time back ,must have been 1970 ,s.

I think the Dept. put me in the pub in the Main Street--from memory ,I think it was called "The Welcome Home" pub.

I was too young to drink booze in those days , but anyhow ,I had to do my homework-yes, homework, at night .. Those days trainees had to do assignments when away fro the training school.

can't remember much ,but did remember the "Silver Scopions". the guys played a joke on me one day , they talked about these silver scorpions. I was wet behind the ears ,them days ,so I had to see these critters..

LOL all round , I was the joke of the town for days,, so embarrassing..

what the buggers did was ,,poured silver paint down the scorpions holes under the radio tower and ,of course, they came out in the sun ,dried out perfectly silver , and died.

I was the mug from the big smoke that thought I'd seen everything ,that day .. LOL.

hope Longreach is good to you ,Keith .

Watch out for those SILVER SCOPIONS..

Bruce
Bushboy

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 09:44am 27 Apr 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Keith Johnson said  Home brew beer, home brew electronics, home brew cars and 260 m2 of back shed to do it all in. What could be better.[/Quote]

Well.....probably nothing.
You're living the dream.

[Quote=Billy Joel]Cold Beer, Hot Lights, My sweet romantic teenage nights.[/Quote]

Italian Restaurant

I have now been on the Cooper's Dark for a few weeks. Yummy. It DID take a few beers to acquire the taste, but now that I have, I don't buy commercial beer anymore.
And that I brewed it myself is so much more rewarding. Even if Coopers is an Aussie home-brew!

I brew mine for about 6% minimum. Most commercial beer tastes like lolly-water to me now.

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024