Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 07:20 09 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Other Stuff : Linear Bearings for CNC work

Bryan1

Guru

Posted: 10:34am 22 Jul 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hiya Guy's,
I got the quote back today for super ball sealed linear bearings and near fell off the chair when I read the prices. Anyway the prices range from around $12 to $40 each in sizes from 12mm to 40mm. As these are brandnew gst has to be added. The way Glenn made his cnc using sealed ball bearings is a cheap way of doing it but my contact did say Bryan if you can order a few the price is good for about a month atleast. So if any members want any let me know as I expect to do my first order next monday.

If any interest is shown I can put my email addy up and I dont mind members contacting me direct.

NOTE: I'm not making any profit from this, I'm only interested in helpiing other members out if they want to get into cnc on the cheap.

Regards Bryan

Dinges

Posted: 08:34pm 23 Jul 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

That's a bargain! Nearly for free. Plain ball bearings cost more than that.

I have a few linear bearings lying about the place (saving them for a possible future project as a CNC router) that were saved from written-off equipment. I did check out the prices a few years ago but they were closer to your prices multiplied by 10.

Not interested in buying any (shipping to Europe would kill the deal anyway) but amazing that you can source them for these prices.

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024