Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 02:13 20 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Other Stuff : Ozzie no nonsense grit.

CaptainBoing

Guru

Posted: 06:50am 05 Jun 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

LOL... Zero ... given it's the PM on his front lawn.

https://www.theregister.com/2020/06/04/australia_pm_grass/
Edited 2020-06-05 16:50 by CaptainBoing

zeitfest
Guru

Posted: 12:03pm 05 Jun 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

It was better in the old days I say...More rum !! Bye Bligh !

CaptainBoing

Guru

Posted: 01:00pm 05 Jun 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

uncanny! I have just been gifted a litre of black rum as it was noted my Wray & Nephew over-proof was on it's last knockings. Customers are great!  

Bligh was known to be an arse. Taking the men's water rations to put on breadfruit plants he was taking somewhere and the whole mutiny on the Bounty thing, largely due to harsh unreasonable punishments for tiny sleights... never going to end well.

zeitfest
Guru

Posted: 01:58pm 05 Jun 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

(sob) no rum or whisky left here

It is a travesty I know but...I tried an experiment...you can get some of the freeze-dried fruit - apricots, strawberries, peaches, apples etc - and "rehydrate" them in a little whisky or spirits ...the alcohol extracts and intensifies the flavour no end... sadly the finer points of the original whisky are buried somewhat...haven't tried it with rum but could be good    

CaptainBoing

Guru

Posted: 03:50pm 05 Jun 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

that sounds pretty good... I think we have some dried apple rings in Mrs.Boing's baking cupboard... I might have to organise a mission.

What we do is to cook bananas on the barby. keep them turning until the skin starts burning and it splits and you can see bubbling coming out. Then slit tem on the inside radius and open them up like a boat, a capful of rum, sugar and cream... mmmm

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024