Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 18:22 26 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Other Stuff : Just sayin Gday

pollenface

Posted: 02:41am 01 Sep 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi everyone,

I think this is the forum I've always wanted to join

My name is Jay and I'm a renewable energy enthusiast. I have a couple of smallish off grid systems which supplement my home electricity usage.

I have an 800w/86v array which feeds into a 40a epever mppt controller which feeds into 4x150ah agm's in 24v to run a 3000w invterer & 24v lighting in my workshop.

The system will run all of my power tools (except my 2.5hp compressor) and also powers the garage door opener and a few other bits and pieces around the place.

I also have a smaller 180w/43v array on another shed coupled to a 20a epever mppt controller with a single 130ah agm just to run a few lights and a fan

In the future I'll be looking at using a wind turbine to charge during non-daylight hours should the system expand to power a fridge or washing machine. I'm also interested in creating a thermal battery to either function as a thermometric generator as the air cools at night or to supplement my natural gas hot-water system.

I've played with lithium batteries and had a couple of faulty BMS's so they are currently pulled apart and awaiting other projects. I've stuck with agms for now just for simplicity and aim not to let them go below 12.8v
Off grid man caver

Revlac

Guru

Posted: 10:07am 02 Sep 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Welcome to the forum Jay,
Its often good, to start with a small off grid system to experiment and learn with then expand/improve on it.

2.5hp compressor will take fair bit of power to start, not that difficult with a 48v system.

Be interested to see your system develop.
Cheers Aaron
Off The Grid

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 10:15am 02 Sep 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Welcome aboard.

The cruise ship TBS has lots and lots of passengers, so I am sure you will find others of similar interests to chat to, during our cruise into the future.

And I can state for the record, that the good ship TBS is totally virus free.
(in terms of it being a 'Virtual' ship if you see what I mean.)
Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024