Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 15:21 29 Mar 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Other Stuff : YouTube comments not working?

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 07:18am 10 Oct 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Anyone seeing this?
I have done a full reboot in case it was something odd going on there, but when you start playing a video, it plays fine, but the comments section does not load, nor does the wee suggested videos section on the right, and my account icon etc is also not visible.  Oh, neither is the video description, or the like and dislike buttons.

Video plays fine though, but this is odd, so I would like to know if anyone else is seeing that problem.  YouTube might be working on some of their servers or something.....
Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

Davo99
Guru

Posted: 08:55am 10 Oct 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I have seen that when I open a new window and my computer is low on memory or something and does not log me in automatically.
I get the turning circle thing going round where the comments should be but they never load even though the vid itself is Fine. If I manually log in, all the comments and functionality returns.

I'd just check you are logged in and see if that fixes it.

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 09:47am 10 Oct 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi - thanks for the reply.

YES - I am logged in.  I can access my account settings just fine, but I can't see any of the above.  I will wait a few days and see if it self corrects.  Still interested in anyone else who may be seeing the same issue as me.

Bryan1

Guru

Posted: 12:52am 11 Oct 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Grog's are you using winsucks 10 or linux as when I use youtube everything just plain works

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 04:38am 11 Oct 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Still on Winsucks just at the moment, but I am almost ready to swap it over to my Linux Mint machine.  But historically, I've never had this issue with YouTube before - even in Windoze...

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 07:13am 11 Oct 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Fixed it.

I cleared my browser cache, and then restarted the browser, and had to re-login to YouTube, but now I have my comments and suggested videos back.  

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024