Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 18:35 29 Mar 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Other Stuff : Introduction

InPhase

Posted: 05:22am 15 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hello! I'm Anthony from the US. I've been reading here for awhile. This is probably the best place I've come across about homebrew high current off grid power supplies so I figured I should finally sign up and participate.

I'm an electrician by trade and electronics hobbyist when I can fit it in. I'm quite interested in off grid energy but have only dangled my toes in. I have a small off grid cabin deep in the woods with 350 watts of solar, 3500 watts of propane generator, and 215 amp-hours (50% rating) of lead acid, 12 V. Homebrew PWM solar charge controller and generator auto-start on low battery as well. It seems I only commit to a project seriously only after I prove the concept with a bash up of junk parts and solder blobs. I'm seriously ADHD and jump from one project to the next with every intention of eventually coming back to the unfinished ones...

Anywho, my current obsession is with homemade or hacked inverters and in my reading here, you guys seem to be my kind of people .

Thanks for having me.

Warpspeed
Guru

Posted: 05:46am 15 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Anthony, welcome to the Forum.

You will find many like minded people here, and we are a pretty friendly bunch.
Plenty of home brew inverters here, we now have that down to a pretty fine art.
Cheers,  Tony.

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024