Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 18:56 29 Mar 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Other Stuff : Weed battery/ capacitor ... True or Not ??

noneyabussiness
Guru

Posted: 08:04am 26 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

weed battery

I wonder if real, or just hokum.. ??
I think it works !!

Revlac

Guru

Posted: 10:43am 26 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

When overcharged of damaged, will it let the smoke out?

"scientists “cooked” leftover bast fibre into carbon nanosheets in a process called hydrothermal synthesis." Interesting.

"Typical super caps use activated carbon which is commonly sourced sustainably such as from coconut shells (not graphene) and they perform similar to the hemp shiv devices."

Just sounds like another activated carbon thing. Don't know the full story.

I have made plenty of charcoal and gas for various things, usually under pressure in a cylinder, apparently to get better activated carbon the the wood can be soaked in Strong alkaline or acid and then cooked fast and hot.

I had often wondered how to get a layer of that carbon on to a lead plate or between plates for a battery experiment, but lack of enthusiasm, to many other priorities.
Cheers Aaron
Off The Grid

SimpleSafeName

Posted: 02:35pm 26 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I was aware of scientists using wood as part of batteries. So, maayybeee.

Coconut shells make for some of the hardest carbon pellets. It's what we used in our carbon bed VOC extractor at Saturn. The pellets last much longer than other forms of carbon.

Quote  I have made plenty of charcoal and gas for various things, usually under pressure in a cylinder, apparently to get better activated carbon the the wood can be soaked in Strong alkaline or acid and then cooked fast and hot.

When I worked for Western Environmental we ran a retort to create carbon. Quite the PITA to operate.

Quote  I had often wondered how to get a layer of that carbon on to a lead plate or between plates for a battery experiment, but lack of enthusiasm, to many other priorities.

A known side effect of hemp... :)

Oh, and Merry Christmas!
Edited 2020-12-27 00:36 by SimpleSafeName

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024