Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 17:21 20 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Other Stuff : And so it begins....

noneyabussiness
Guru

Posted: 09:33pm 24 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Tracking software

More power than the " elected authorities "... at what cost...
I think it works !!

Davo99
Guru

Posted: 06:17am 25 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I think it's already well and truly Begun.

The net is being so sanitised now with only one side of opinions/ positions being allowed on pretty much every platform.  The events of the last year or so and the way information is being manipulated and people's private information being demanded and collected is unprecedented.

What amazes me is how easily people have yeilded to this. I'm sure it took gubbermints and Big tech by surprise just how easy people would fall over.

We are Manipulated already but I can't even begin to think what will go on in a generation or 2. Glad I won't be here to see it.

CaptainBoing

Guru

Posted: 07:42am 25 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Davo99 said  I think it's already well and truly Begun

Quite.

It is such a big story that it becomes unbelievable - which means you can execute the plan without interference from the masses.

"You would do such a thing? you would think such a thing?" - The Soul Hunter

Davo99
Guru

Posted: 08:11am 26 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Was looking on YT today and an ad come up for Dosing cattle.  Why that ad came up I can only assume was because I have been looking up tractors. Not on YT but on the JD and Kubota sites. Already being tracked and targeted.

They showed a devise which looked like a cattle prod or a selfie stick that had an RFID reader on the end. the cattle were in the crush, the farmer waved the thing over the steer, the ID number came up on the Ipad on the side of the crush in it's mount with the beasts history, there was a scale in the crush which weighed the animal and added the date and weight to the record and showed what Vaccination the animal was due for. Farmer gives it it's shots, ticks them off on the tablet and onto the next beast.

I laughed and thought how long before this is brought in for people? Wherever you go, in through the scanner and they then decide if you are OK to let in or not and of course there will be a record of everything you do including having a dump or getting funky with the Mrs, or whos Mrs You have been getting funky with.... and who else has as well.

The technology is well and truly there. Dogs and cats have been chipped for years.
Will just take another Panic-demic to bring it in for people to keep everyone " safe".
I seem to remember a mate in IT years ago helping a neighbour with a thing for the school he taught at where the kids were going to carry a card. they walked through scanners at school and it  would make them off the role and tell when they had entered the school and when they left.  I don't know if it were Implemented but my mate was having cards made and scanners set up through his company to test it.  

Won't be long, won't be long at all before we are all chipped like the family dog only we will be the pets of Big Biz and gubbermints.

noneyabussiness
Guru

Posted: 06:57pm 26 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

It is scary how quickly people accepted this... lol, try farcebook, even having conversations near your phone about " products " will trigger the " targeted " ads... unless you turn it off ( yeah right )...  

I always teach my kids to question everything, proper research etc, heck keeps me on my toes, but would rather that than raise sheep..
I think it works !!

Davo99
Guru

Posted: 11:21pm 26 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

noneyabussiness said  

I always teach my kids to question everything, proper research etc, heck keeps me on my toes, but would rather that than raise sheep..

Sounds to me like you are giving them life skills that will serve them very well and something most people do not impart to their children.

My untrusting position has served me very well.  It has avoided a lot of trouble and disappointment and the outcome of being wrong is being happy and glad I was.
My daughter has picked up this trait and it is serving her well also.
She handles herself better than I do. Her questioning and not easily won trust is seen by her work mates and Friends as being smart because she sees and finds things others don't.

Obviously smarter than me just in the way she manages to be perceived which for her is positive and for me is not.

I have no intention, motivation or reason to change my ways however.

Warpspeed
Guru

Posted: 01:41am 27 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Davo99 said  Was looking on YT today and an ad come up for Dosing cattle.

Haha, that reminds me of a few years back when I was regularly blowing up a few semiconductor chips through poor handling.
I was searching the internet for some serious proper anti static shoes.

For months afterwards I was bombarded by ads for women's fashion, handbags, shoes, jewelry and other similar stuff. I may be a bit odd in some ways, but not THAT WAY.
Cheers,  Tony.

rogerdw
Guru

Posted: 01:46am 27 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

noneyabussiness said    

I pulled up in front of a house being built just down the street to show our 7 y/old.

He got quite upset when he saw the timber frame and was all indignant about all the trees that had been cut down to build a house for humans  ...  like we're supposed to live under a bush or something!

I was staggered because we've made a heap of trips interstate recently to see an older daughter  ...  and we drive for hours with nothing but pine forests in various stages of growth and harvest etc.

I thought I had done a good job of explaining about the timber industry and how it works and what it is used for  ...  but clearly he's already being brainwashed in school by some unthinking teachers.

You're dead right about having to stay on our toes, I got work to do  ...  and undo.
Cheers,  Roger

rogerdw
Guru

Posted: 01:55am 27 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Warpspeed said  

For months afterwards I was bombarded by ads for women's fashion, handbags, shoes, jewelry and other similar stuff.

I've been looking for tubing for my experiments with the evacuated tubes  ...  and have searched Bunnings high and low to find some thinwall aluminium tubing of around 1 inch or so. I found everything but that  ...

Then this morning I get an ad from Bunnings for some 25mm by 1.6mm wall thickness by 3 meters long. Exactly what I've looked for probably 10 times  ...  though I would like 4 meters long so I can cut it in half.
Cheers,  Roger

Davo99
Guru

Posted: 10:32am 27 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

rogerdw said   but clearly he's already being brainwashed in school by some unthinking teachers.

I got work to do  ...  and undo.

I thank the almighty my Kids are well clear of School. I'd be locked up by now with what I hear from younger friends that they are brainwashed with.  Some years back now, mates often troublesome son was sent home with a note saying he would be getting a detention for using improper language.

Mate thought the boy was in trouble for swearing.  When Mrs went to pick up younger daughter, she was asked to explain that saying "Merry Christmas" was not  appropriate at school and thats what the boy had been given detention for. She rang mate whom left work and went straight to the school and went off his nut.  He said if they thought they were going to give him detention over that, think again.

The boy was no saint by any means but copping a detention for saying " Merry Christmas" still sticks in my mind of What the living Fluck is the world coming too?
That wasn't yesterday either so I can only imagine what things are like now.

I think you are dead right about the Teacher brainwashing.  I remember around 4 Years ago seeing a piece on TV about some inner city teachers taking some 5 and 6 Yo kids to a protest against the election of Trump.  Apparently they took them somewhere near the school and the parents didn't even know.  Had that been one of my kids, I would have gone Nuclear.
Foreign Politics is None of our business to start with no matter what you think of other leaders but to take little kids whom were given signs to hold to a protest?? What the hell are these Virtue Signalling Teachers thinking?

Its a protest which automatically imposes an element of danger and to take little kids to such an event and fill their heads with god knows what I cannot fathom. Who do these idiots think they are to use other peoples Children to further their agendas?

Seems so many teachers have gone from educating kids to imparting their moralistic and inevitable left leaning views which is not in any way acceptable.
In this case they should be teaching them the truth that trees are farmed for the timber, not have them think all the trees will disappear. It's like saying if you eat steak, cows will become extinct.

Most of my kids teachers were pretty good. My Daughter seemed to get a few Duds over the years, my son always seemed to get the pick of the crop.  I had a lot to do with my kids schooling.  Having my own business Gave me a lot of flexibility through the  weekdays so I was the one that took the kids there and picked them up and one of the parents that took them round to Different things like sports displays etc and I also went up to volounteer for things like Guided reading and other things.

I was very Big on Kids being able to read. I have taught myself 1000 Things through books and the net and even back then believed as I do now, If you can read well you can educate themselves. That was born out by what my kids learned from their own interests and Initiatives.

I would hate to have to tech my kids not to trust what their teacher said or to have to question everything they were taught.
Teachers are put on a pedestal Most times and it's a travesty they should abuse that power filling kids heads with What they what them to believe, rather than just giving them the information to make balanced choices and form opinions for themselves.

Davo99
Guru

Posted: 10:34am 27 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

rogerdw said    and have searched Bunnings high and low to find some thinwall aluminium tubing of around 1 inch or so. I found everything but that  ...

You'll do much better at the metal Suppliers mate both in price and range.

rogerdw
Guru

Posted: 11:57am 27 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Davo99 said  
The boy was no saint by any means but copping a detention for saying " Merry Christmas" still sticks in my mind of What the living Fluck is the world coming too?
That wasn't yesterday either so I can only imagine what things are like now.

Yeah, amazing what some try and weasle through of their own ideas  ...  and if we don't pull them up, it just gets worse.

Quote  Seems so many teachers have gone from educating kids to imparting their moralistic and inevitable left leaning views which is not in any way acceptable.

In this case they should be teaching them the truth that trees are farmed for the timber, not have them think all the trees will disappear. It's like saying if you eat steak, cows will become extinct.

Absolutely! Good analogy. I'm not sure that the teacher was necessarily trying to demonise the wood industry on purpose  ...  but there's no doubt as to the affect it had on our lad.

I still plan to have a chat to the principle  ...  he's very approachable. The interesting thing is that he was in the same class as my oldest daughter when she went through that school years ago. I'm in a second marriage.

Quote  I had a lot to do with my kids schooling.  Having my own business Gave me a lot of flexibility through the  weekdays so I was the one that took the kids there and picked them up and one of the parents that took them round to Different things like sports displays etc and I also went up to volounteer for things like Guided reading and other things.

Good on you. I get to do a bit of that nowadays but not as much as I probably should.

Quote  I was very Big on Kids being able to read. I have taught myself 1000 Things through books and the net and even back then believed as I do now, If you can read well you can educate themselves. That was born out by what my kids learned from their own interests and Initiatives.

Yes, so important and must be a huge advantage over those that can't be bothered and perhaps those that struggle with reading.

Something I'm really thankful for was growing up on a farm. It's only been in later years I realised all the things I was exposed to and learned about have helped me enormously in life  ...  not to mention the work ethic. Not that I necessarily appreciated it at the time  ...  always having to work after school and on the weekends  ...  but there's been side benefits.  

Quote  You'll do much better at the metal Suppliers mate both in price and range.

I hadn't had much luck at all so far. Amazing just how much steel costs.

I had hoped to buy some really thin wall stuff somewhere  ...  but prices are still pretty steep  ...  even secondhand.

Though I had some success today at the scrapyard when I picked up a couple transformers with flat copper about 5mm wide by 1mm thick (I'm trying to fix the starter motor on my old David Brown tractor).

Anyway, told him what I'm looking for  ...  approx 70 meters of thinwall tubing around 30mm diameter and he showed me some aluminium tubing 31.6mm OD, 1.4 meters long  ...  for $2 per length.

I would have prefered longer  ...  but the price is good  ...  several hundred dollars cheaper than the next closest quote. I'll be back with the trailer to pick some up.
Cheers,  Roger

Revlac

Guru

Posted: 01:05pm 27 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Little off topic but ok,
I didn't learn to read for a long time, didn't have that much interest after they hand you a book to read that was very small text no pictures and about 20mm or so thick, they band comic books because they think people would just look at all the pictures......YES True, But I my case, I eventually wanted to know what all the pictures were about, and so that's how I started reading and a great experience ever since.  
Interest  is a powerful thing, So much to learn when one can find an interest in things.

The old disused transformers are a great thing to keep a hold of for various jobs, I also fixed the starter solenoid on the little U445 Tractor, using heavy copper from a transformer make new solenoid contacts, had the job done in 15 minuets, would have taken days or longer to order parts, if at all available, will do the same on the David Brown later.

I know there are many ways we are tracked with things, but like always, some people will find away around them for good or bad reasons.
Was spreading a few loads of cow manure a while back, found one of those RFID things, the round one on the ears, opened it up to find a coil of fine copper wire, a lot more than was expected, didn't see what else was in there, could not see for sh^t, I doubt these things and others are smartarse proof.

Oh, yes the fpunnings search section is terrible, the item I searched for wasn't in the list that it found, the item I was looking for turned up later when looking for something else, FFS.
Cheers Aaron
Off The Grid

Davo99
Guru

Posted: 01:30pm 27 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

rogerdw said    ...  always having to work after school and on the weekends  ...  but there's been side benefits.  

We did it pretty tough for a few years when the kids were  about 12 Yo or so.  I'm not sure why now. I think we were too well off and let it get to our heads and fell in a hole. Anyway, I started up a part time business as a fill in for my other Business and used to drag the kids along as slave labour.

They used to serve customers, make sales and basically run the front end while the Mrs and I did all the back end work.  They hated it, especially my son but It was successful and brought us in much needed money and allowed us to do things we couldn't have otherwise.

We got a lot of compliments on the way the kids worked and their maturity and they were definitely an asset in PR as well as everything else. People Loved the idea of a family working together and I'm sure spent money because of the what the kids were doing alone.

My son particularly hated it and I am sure resented me making him do it at the time.
That Business Fizzled out through less participants in the interest group we were working with so I moved onto another area doing the same thing which was hugely successful and which the kids now older still weren't jumping for joy over, thought it was a hell of an improvement on what we were doing before. We could at least get up in the daylight and be home for dinner rather than getting up in the dark and getting home well after and we made magnitudes more money.

When they got a little older and went for part time Jobs, The experience working in the family business was a HUGE asset.  That alone got them in the door. My son got every job he ever applied for.  I remember him coming home from one interview and telling me he got the job but they weren't as interested in his school results or anything other than working in the family business.  He said they were real big on that so the fact he had done it was more important than his experience in the field he was applying for the position in.

He actually came to appreciate what I think he hated me doing to him and saw it as an asset and head start in life.  I'll never forget when he came to that realisation as I was glad he wasn't going to hate it and resent me for making him do it forever.

My Daughter went to an interview in a Coffee Shop.  It was a cattle call with hopefuls lined up out the door for their 5 Minute interview.  During hers one of the staff brought over a non functioning efpos machine which the manager interviewing her couldn't sort either.  My daughter said can I just try something and fixed it.

Manager was amazed she was applying for her 1st job and hired her on the spot.
She made 2 IC of the coffee shop franchise and had the keys to the place a bit over 3 months later at 16 Yo. She was Poached after being there a couple of years just as a part time worker but they soon had her as 2 IC and then took her to Melbourne for 3 Months running their setup there. They wanted her to go to qld to set that up for them but she was homesick and came back. Another part time job soon turned to Full time and again, 2 IC.

Dealing with people, knowing basics of Business and having an a general knowledge and attitude far beyond their years helped them  a huge amount.  Their sense of responsibility and loyalty has been commented on endlessly.

My Daughter now 24 is always flavour of the month with her bosses as well as other staff members. She works for a good company with a good sense of loyalty to their staff and although her bosses change, they always appreciate her as does the area manager whom she can do no wrong with.  Last year when half the staff were staying home because they got more money with Job bludger payments, she was working her arse off filling in for them. Her bosses said, we won't forget this and they have been good to their word.

Now when she wants to change shifts or start late so she can go to appointments or whatever, When she asks, it's more a matter of just you tell us what you want and that's fine.  Nice to see her loyalty is being returned and the company appreciate it.  A lot wouldn't but this one does which is a big thing these days. I told her to stick with them and they are now starting training her for management.

I had a sh*t Childhood.  Left home when I was 12, left school the day I turned 15, was making huge money out of my own business time I was 18 and owned my first home outright time I was 28. I had a lot of pain as a kid but it certainly teaches you how to grow a pair and that is a help long beyond what the unpleasantness lasts.

Doing it hard was no fun but it was certainly an asset to me as well. I think I was a bit too hard on my kids always thinking what I had gone through and done when I was their age and wanting them to be independent.  None the less, It certainly didn't hurt them later in life and will be an asset for my daughter in years to come.
She is well and truly the leader with her long time Boyfriend. He's not stupid, he's just lead the sheltered life he's been lucky enough to enjoy and hasn't had the life experiences good and bad my daughter has now got the head start of life skills I pushed her into.

She is always going to be Independent, strong, able to handle pressure and won't let anyone lead her astray. She is a complete Princess but at the same time, recognises she has a lot more balls than many of the Blokes in her group.
They are a great Group of young people her friends but again, having had "Normal"  parents that took the softly approach rather than pushing them ( too hard as I did) leaves a noticeable difference.

My kids like I just grew up a lot faster than most and while not ideal in younger years, sure as hell pays off in the long haul.

Davo99
Guru

Posted: 01:44pm 27 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Revlac said  
I didn't learn to read for a long time, didn't have that much interest after they hand you a book to read that was very small text no pictures and about 20mm or so thick, they band comic books because they think people would just look at all the pictures.

I started with comic books and was ahead of the curve for my age.

When My son was 2 or 3 I was buying him car and Aircraft magazines.
I had seen a thing on TV maybe 10 years earlier where some professor said the normal education timeframe for Kids is way too slow. He had his kids doing things that others at their age just didn't do.

I never forgot that so instead of reading him the inane Kiddy Books, I'd buy him a magazine and look through it and read it to him. As you say, has to be something they are interested in and he was.

He picked up on it very well and by the time he started school, his literacy and numeracy were a couple of years ahead at least.  I didn't turn him into a robot but I did get him to a flying head start. My daughter was the same. her reading in particular was at adult level time she was in first grade. She was at the top of the guided reading books and beyond. Wasn't outstanding or even that good at anything else but reading, there was nothing she couldn't digest.

Reading with both of them was always a priority.  I didn't care if they couldn't count beyond their fingers or toes, there are machines for that but reading..... THAT was the priority.

Seemed to serve them both well.

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024