Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 14:29 20 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Other Stuff : Queen Mary - BANKRUPT!

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 08:52am 02 May 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

This is rather sad.

LINK

Historic ship and hotel, but COVID has essentially killed this off.
The video has some excellent history etc though, so well worth a look.

Perhaps they can save her, but I doubt it based on costs that are stated in this video.  We're talking hundreds of millions here - seems unlikely.....
Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

Davo99
Guru

Posted: 11:18am 02 May 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

It is rather sad but I think the Vid narrator poses the key question, has the thing just been poorly managed or are people no longer interested in it?

Spose one upside to it's condition, they won't be Driving it up the beach at Alang anytime soon to scrap it. Hard to imagine what they can do with it. Clock is obviously ticking and if it ticks much longer they will be hard pressed dragging the thing out and dropping it to make an artificial Reef.

The logical thing to do with it would be restore it to ocean going status but with cruise ships being sent for scrap faster than they can break them ATM and the cruising Industry looking fooked for at least another 2 years.... Not an attractive looking proposition.

Maybe they could give it to some Filthy Rich Arab prince to restore as his own luxury private Yacht to keep the thing alive.   :0)

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024