Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 16:17 19 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Other Stuff : Branson flight

zeitfest
Guru

Posted: 01:48am 13 Jul 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

??

April 12 1961 : Gagarin is launched into space, a world first,  180 miles up. Massive publicity and propaganda of course. Glenn follows a year later.

July 12 2021 : Branson almost reaches space. PR says "Space is now Virgin territory". Massive publicity and marketing propaganda of course.

Really ? SIXTY years later ??? It's kind of sad isnt't it ?
Edited 2021-07-13 11:49 by zeitfest

Davo99
Guru

Posted: 03:11am 13 Jul 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

The Hype and BS from the media ( and Grubbermints) these days knows no bounds. The truth and story is whatever they want it to be.... Or, more to the point, whatever their advertisers/ Big Biz wants it to be. Bit like Tesla with the Hype they and the media put out. Electric cars were commonplace in the '20's but don't let that stand in the way of the Hype or green feel good agendas.

I'm thinking Branson may have seen the world has gone too crazy even for him and is planning on getting off and going and living somewhere else. Who the hell could blame him and wouldn't do the same if they had the means?

zeitfest
Guru

Posted: 10:21am 13 Jul 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

It is a long way from a practical product and market though, IMHO. Mach 3 in nearly-space isn't fast enough for orbital travel and still has the expense. I guess the PR and BS pushes the Virgin share price up, so it works that way for a while.

I could understand him trying to avoid the covid surge. Sydney is holding its breath and hoping the delta strain does not take off - few people have both injections yet. Hopefully we can hold it off through coming spring and summer and  we get Pfizer. The UK looks bad -  30 million have not had two jabs, and it is dropping safeguards going into autumn and winter, so transmission will exponentially increase until most people have been exposed.

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024