Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 05:52 20 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Other Stuff : Karens......

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 08:11am 18 Aug 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Great song.

Karens...

WARNING: Contains offensive language and Karen put-downs.
Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

Davo99
Guru

Posted: 09:46am 18 Aug 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I have a Karen in my Family .
HIS name is Dean.
Biggest whining Holier than thou man pussy you ever had the misfortune to meet.

CaptainBoing

Guru

Posted: 12:52pm 19 Aug 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Xmas dinner must be interesting  

Davo99
Guru

Posted: 01:53am 20 Aug 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

CaptainBoing said  Xmas dinner must be interesting  

Interesting is one word for it with our family.
Suffering  and painful are other words that more readily comes to mind.
Every year for about the last 15 we have gone to our Bikie friends family Christmas dinner.  They have it on Boxing day and that is something we always look forward to.... especially after having suffered our own family dinner the day before.

I'm not sure where our Christmas is this year, at the Man Karens place whom makes a big thing of starting to clean and wash up before everyone is done eating the limited offerings provided or the Sister in laws that puts on a great spread for 3 people.... even though there are 12 of us Plus whomever of the kids partners are subjected to the ordeal.

I'm sure man Karen weighs out each portion of the 3 boring dishes provided as wouldn't want anything to go to waste... especially as he would be the one paying for it. There is enough to eat, just not very exciting or  that you enjoy eating . His Mrs is a lousy cook so nothing home made, all comes from Aldi.... and was probably bought in September when it was on special. Also nothing for man Karen to disappear into his office  to check emails and do some  urgent work.... But that's OK. No one misses him. There will be lots of Photos put up on facewaste, just none with the less than perfect looking family in them. Wouldn't want to shatter the facade of perfection with the other upstart face waste friends... not that he literally has any real life friends anyone has ever seen or heard of. Just clients.

Pretty clear with man Karen he wants everyone out of the place soon as possible because none of us meet his lofty standards or share his particular ideals. He hates other brother in law and although we used to get on OK, Seems I have failed to live up to whatever standard I was supposed to so now I'm lucky to get hello and Goodbye.
I believe one of my failings is to talk to other BIL and failing of wife and I together was to continue to eat at a Local Restaurant.  The place was taken over by someone  whom is a member of the local chamber of Commerce as he is, whom he disagrees with their views on local development and planning issues.  
We simply like the food and service there and no one is going to tell me where I can and can't go because they disapprove.  

The funny thing is he helped us out a lot through a bad time and I have not forgotten that and made a Lot of allowances and have tried to stick up for him but it's got well past being able to do that with any rationality. He very much distances himself from others in the family and makes excuses to decline many social invitations we have extended. His wife is a very nice and kind hearted person without a mean bone in her body and I think he causes her a lot of embarrassment and she misses out on a lot she would like to do. Also clear he dominates and micromanages her and what she does.  At get family together, he acts so insufferably and always with the indignant moralistic comments injected in any conversation.
I have tried hard to ignore them and biting my tounge with comebacks but I will retaliate before I can stop myself one day and I'm known for going for the throat.  I'm trying not to because there will be no going back after that and it will create a rift that will never be repaired.  Problem is he has such attitude that he is just setting himself up to be demolished by someone with a lack of self control and a lethal tounge like me.  

Very obvious he looks down on everyone especially the adult Kids. Has a real thing for the Nephew because he is 32 Yo and not married yet and has a fun lifestyle Man Karen does not approve of. Unfortunately his own kids are very troubled and have an extreme amount of baggage.  Everyone bar him knows exactly where that comes from and sees the problems except man Karen of course whom continues to screw them up even further.

My wife, daughter and I have tried to welcome them here as a place to come to relax and talk to us if they want but we get the distinct idea Man Karen has warned them off. One is a good Kid that is obviously troubled and lost due to his fathers domination, the other is a stuck up conceited little ship that follows his fathers holier than though attitude with interest. If anyone wanted to really hurt either him or Man Karen, it would only take sharing a few truthful facts about no.2 son and things he has done that man Karen has no clue about.  Like they say, the more they whinge, the more skeletons are likely to be in the closet.

We tried to overlook son's attitude knowing where it comes from and break through what we thought might be a shell but unfortunately, it seems he really is a Karen as well, in every sense of the term, through to the core. I think both of the kids will have Daddy issues, very understandably, till the day they die which is very sad.

I wonder if any of Man Karens Facecrook "Friends" know he drives 90 min to the other side of Sydney to see his Shrink every Friday because he doesn't want anyone to see him whom he might know going to a local one one and word getting out?
I know what I'm screwed up about and why I have seen shrinks but I'm buggered if I know what he has to be depressed about?  He's very successful in what he does, has had no tradgety in his life, has good health, from what I can see a happy Marrige and no reason I can fathom to be depressed at all. I'd be down on bended knee everyday giving thanks and appreciation if his life had been mine.

I would hate to be man Karen's Neighbours.  He would be the FIRST one to report them  during lockups for having Visitors, even if it were the postman delivering the letters and probably chastise them if he saw them in their own backyards without wearing a Mask. That's exactly the sort of petty little bitch he has become.
He is completely Anal about rules and regulations but I will give him, he's not a hypocrite. He follows every rule and regulation to the T and holds others to the same insufferable standards.

I got the disapproving Comments once when he was here because it was 10 PM and I hadn't switched off my aircon.  Apparently there is a curfew for noise regulations. Didn't even know it was a thing! I mentioned it to my neighbours and they thought I was joking and pointed out that beyond all else, we, as is man Karen, are on acreage and can't hear them  when we are outside when they are going let alone from inside!

He's a very smart man with a lot of good qualities, I just don't understand what troubles him and makes him be the pain in the arse he is to everyone.
I guess these people are all the same. Taking out their own misgivings and unhappiness on others to justify what they are unhappy about in themselves or jealous of in others.

CaptainBoing

Guru

Posted: 07:49am 20 Aug 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

yeah that is a lot to unpack.

He is probably nervously exhausted from having to control everything. Unfortunately his wife and kids will bear the brunt. Good kid and wife may "snap" at some point.

I understand you feel indebted to him for his help but you are a saint to put up with all that crap. Some favours come at too high-a-price for me.

We had some family friends that did the "meal for three" thing, we were always stopping at mickey Ds on the way home  

Davo99
Guru

Posted: 10:31am 20 Aug 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

CaptainBoing said  

Good kid and wife may "snap" at some point.

That is unfortunately a Likleyhood.
Being my Daughters age, when we moved here the son introduced her to a lot of his friends.
Over time they have distanced themselves from him because he writes himself off with booze and becomes an embarrassment to them. He gets blotto  at every occasion and is highly inappropriate even for young kids and causes problems for the group.
He has put on a Huge amount of weight and is very lost most likely trying to live up to his fathers expectation and failing no matter what he does.

He IS a good kid with a very well meaning heart but he's hurting and everyone knows why. We do fear something very bad will happen to him while he is off his tits be it accidental or otherwise.

Quote  I understand you feel indebted to him for his help but you are a saint to put up with all that crap. Some favours come at too high-a-price for me.

No, I'm a bastard not a saint but I have been though some difficulties and I try hard to remember and appreciate the people that have shown me kindness and tried to help me. I am also a screw loose and am in no position to judge others but I also try hard not to be a pain in the arse to anyone and keep my problems to myself rather than take them out on people that don't deserve it.  
As long as what other people do does not affect or inconvenience me, that's their business what they do.  The Karens always want to stick their noses in and take out their own insecurities on others as does this Brother in law.  

We had some family friends that did the "meal for three" thing, we were always stopping at mickey Ds on the way home  

You have no idea how well I can relate to that!!!

I always thought there was something really pathetic about going to Maccas on Christmas day. Did it a couple of years when the kids were young as they thought it was great then said to the Mrs, No more! We had Christmas lunch at home properly BEFORE we went to the outlaws for lunch. Might have a bit of something and some Christmas cake and we were happy.

I was responsible for amending that though as it was still not what Christmas should be to me.  I so miss MY family's get together's. Every year at my aunts house, catch up with all the relos, fun and laughter... It was a wonderful day I always looked forward to. They are all gone now, Aunts, Uncles, cousins, have been for some time, even the younger ones than me, I'm the only one left. I miss those days very badly and wanted them to be the same with the only family I have now, my wifes.
I organised my mrs and the other sister in law to bring enough with them to cater for everyone so we could all eat and enjoy together and what the other sister in law has is merely a bonus. It was working, for a while till man Karen lost the plot.

I only said to the Mrs earlier in the week when something came up,have we decided where Christmas is this year?  She said what's the difference?  I provide 90%  of the food anyway because people always want me to take this and that I make so it's no different.

It is true. She cooks most of Christmas eve and well into the night to prepare things no matter where we go and her offerings are what people rush for. When we arrive everyone comes out to help carry what we brought in.

All our Bikie friends  wives and daughters are  good cooks as well so there is always so much delicious food there it's fantastic.
They have it all worked out now so everyone brings their speciality and we eat like lords.

Least I can still get a semblance of my family Christmas get together with them and no more Damn maccas!

CaptainBoing

Guru

Posted: 10:45am 20 Aug 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

sorry to hear your family are not around much. I am fortunate enough to still have mine except dad who has been gone 12 years in January.

Here's a wild idea... you and Mrs. Davo, take off over Xmas and do something together, just the two of you (No macca's - unless its what you want). Sounds like she could do with a christmas without being cinderella all the time.

All this is assuming you are allowed out of your house then - Hot for you, cold for us and we are expecting to get imprisoned on covid island again.
Edited 2021-08-20 20:46 by CaptainBoing

Davo99
Guru

Posted: 12:56pm 20 Aug 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I was thinking I might go up to dads this year if we are out of lockup.
I don't want to miss out on friends Christmas this year however because we couldn't go last year due to restrictions. They wanted us to come but I would have been pretty upset if everyone got a $1000 Fine because us Ring ins put them over the allowed numbers.

OTOH same BS might apply again but I think everyone will be far too over this tyrannical garbage to care. We are under Curfew now and the police have gone literally full Gestapo pulling cars over  and surrounding them with 6-8 Cops to check where people are going and why they dare have left their homes.  

Have a look at Aussie Cossak on YT to see what is being done to us.

rogerdw
Guru

Posted: 01:05pm 20 Aug 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Davo99 said  I have a Karen in my Family .
HIS name is Dean.
Biggest whining Holier than thou man pussy you ever had the misfortune to meet.

Wow, tell us what you really think Dave!  

Quote  He's a very smart man with a lot of good qualities, I just don't understand what troubles him and makes him be the pain in the arse he is to everyone.
I guess these people are all the same. Taking out their own misgivings and unhappiness on others to justify what they are unhappy about in themselves or jealous of in others.

You're probably getting very close there somewhere. What do I always say  ...  hurting people hurt people.

Quote   I so miss MY family's get together's. Every year at my aunts house, catch up with all the relos, fun and laughter... It was a wonderful day I always looked forward to

I have very fond memories of Christmas at my grandmothers for many years with all the rellies as well  ...  and then the same at my parents for many years too  ...  but same here, they are all gone now.

My wife's family are all interstate so that's not really an option, but my wife is really hospitable and invites lots of random people around for Christmas. It's not unusual to have 25-30 people here, and with half a dozen different nationalities it's a real multicultural experience.

I like CaptainBoing's suggestion to take off for Christmas on holiday somewhere just far enough away that you have a good excuse for missing it, but it's a shame everyone else has to put up with his nonsense. Maybe he needs to be challenged  ...  if it's gunna blow up, probably better sooner than later.
Cheers,  Roger

CaptainBoing

Guru

Posted: 01:17pm 20 Aug 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Davo99 said  
Have a look at Aussie Cossak on YT to see what is being done to us.

I have been following Avi Yemini closely - Thank god for fearless honest jornos that are getting the message out despite the best efforts of the globalist elite billionaires club. Of course none of this is on the BBC.

I am genuinely shocked at the police actions in Melbourne, and have you seen France? You have to have government permission for any external movement over a few Km - saw a vid this morning of Police and hired-in security are stopping people and demanding to see "your papers" and even denying entrance to supermarkets for food etc if you haven't got a record of your jabs Without a word of exaggeration, this is all like East Germany in the grip of the Stasi in the 60's & 70's (complete with everyone becoming a grass). It isn't going to end well; France has a bit of a track record when it comes to people power in the face of oppressive government.    "those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it" - various attributions
Edited 2021-08-21 00:21 by CaptainBoing

CaptainBoing

Guru

Posted: 09:32am 22 Aug 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

no words.
https://www.rebelnews.com/the_world_needs_to_witness_what_police_did_in_melbourne_yesterday?utm_campaign=ay_melbteargas_8_22_21&utm_medium=email&utm_source=therebel

Davo99
Guru

Posted: 12:59pm 22 Aug 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

rogerdw said  

Wow, tell us what you really think Dave!  

Better I tell you than start ship in the family. Besides, apart from his wife, I WAS the last and only friend he had in the family. If you think I'm bad in what I say, you would not want to hear what the others think and have said for a long time.

I'm sad really.  I just want us all to get on and be close and have each others backs. I want family get togethers to be something to look forward to, not  to being over.  I have really tried to turn the other Cheek, head, shoulders back, whole body as I know people go through phases and have their ways that do not reflect thei real position but it's got worse not better with him.  
There are only so many excuses and forgiveness you can have before one has to admit defeat.

You're probably getting very close there somewhere. What do I always say  ...  hurting people hurt people.

Yeah well I am hurting  and am screwed up too but I try very hard to be conscious of that and keep it to myself without taking it out on others. My problem is I have no Rev limiter. I go from 0 to 120Kg of High explosive just as fast. That's why I try to keep my powder wet so that doesn't happen and people don't get hurt.  

I know from sad experience, once things are said and done, there is no forgive and forget no matter how nice the ideal.  Best avoid drama in the first place.

I have very fond memories of Christmas at my grandmothers for many years with all the rellies as well  ...  and then the same at my parents for many years too  ...  but same here, they are all gone now.

It's hard isn't it?
I hate Christmas. People look at it as happy times but being the pathetic I am, all I can do is get upset thinking of all the people I have lost. I have had many meltdowns and wigouts at Christmas and again I try very hard now not to do that now and put on a brave face for my wife and daughter because I know they are feeling some of the same.

Quote   and with half a dozen different nationalities it's a real multicultural experience.

Much like my friends.
The Karen's would go into meltdown with my racist jokes if they heard them... and didn't realise I was telling them to my friends of those persuasions and they are telling me theirs about skips which are really funny and interesting to hear how your own culture is seen in jest and some truth by others. I am always amazed at how people insult their own culture though. My friends sl*g themselves far more than I every would or even perceive them to be like. Spose I do the same. As they say, takes one to know one.

I remember telling a Joke to a guy when I was out on a job with a mate once whom took great offence to it.  Started carrying on and my mate, an Indian, walked up.  The guy was carrying on still and I told my mate, I just told this guy that Joke you told me. He said the one about the Indian? I said yeah. Guy looked stunned and mate said have you met my brother Dave? Course guy shut up then.
We always used to introduce one another as " my brother". The looks and reactions are priceless.

Quote  I like CaptainBoing's suggestion to take off for Christmas on holiday somewhere just far enough away that you have a good excuse for missing it,

That I don't have a problem with. I'd just say " Not coming" but I want to see my other nieces and nephews and there will be a new addition to the family this year all going well. I like to see my sister in law too.  Yeah, she thinks a lettuce leaf and a diced carrot is a salad for 12 but she does have a good heart and always sincerely asks after me and how I'm going and takes a genuine interest in people.  

Quote   but it's a shame everyone else has to put up with his nonsense. Maybe he needs to be challenged  ...  if it's gunna blow up, probably better sooner than later.

I don't want to blow up. Someone always gets hurt in the hail of shrapnel and I don't have the inclination to be the bad guy or the hero anymore.  It's not worth it in this case.

If my father in law were still alive things would be different. He was a man that earned respect with everyone the second he met them. He just had that presence. He was about 5'2 and 11 Feet tall in peoples esteem.  He was also extremely intelligent and very family orientated. He didn't allow any crap and had every ones measure. He would be the one man Man Karen would not go up against because he know he'd not win and be utterly demolished by. Father was a very quiet man that didn't say a lot but what he did say in his Humble tones could turn people around completely by how profound his words were.
Another person I miss badly especially at Christmas. He was and will always be my very best mate whom I loved very dearly. He was always there for me and treated like a son from the day I rocked up as some suspect skinny bloke his Daughter should have left where she found him and had more good sense than to bring home.

One thing I do know and that is people have to WANT to change. Man Karen does not.  He looks down on everyone and I think resents them because they don't meet his lofty standards.  I have neither the skills or the motivation for what I know would be wasting my time.  I have tried to talk to him in the past and that got turned around to everyone else being at fault and probably put me in the bad books as well.
If he crosses a line, especially with my wife or Daughter, it wont be pretty, I have my limits but I am not interested in starting anything on this issue if I can bite my tongue and avoid it.  

He is The personification of  " All work and no play makes Dean an anal retentive, antisocial, stuck up twat".

I just want everyone to get along, be happy and act like a decent family.
None of us are any prizes so we should just remember we are all we have and make the best of it.

I wonder if My daughter will invite her Boyfriend to our family Christmas again this year?
I'm not mad about the bloke but no one deserves to be subject to that without having committed a serious crime and getting a few years off their sentence in return.

rogerdw
Guru

Posted: 02:02pm 23 Aug 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Davo99 said  If you think I'm bad in what I say, you would not want to hear what the others think and have said for a long time.

Nope, under the circumstances don't see you as bad in the slightest  ... and can definitely see where you're coming from.

I'm sad really.  I just want us all to get on and be close and have each others backs. I want family get togethers to be something to look forward to, not  to being over.

Understandable. It is sad, and for the whole family

There are only so many excuses and forgiveness you can have before one has to admit defeat.

Yeah, dunno what I'd do in that situation. I'm becoming less and less tolerant of 'clowns' in my old age. I'd just be trying to keep my distance I suppose.

Quote  Yeah well I am hurting  and am screwed up too but I try very hard to be conscious of that and keep it to myself without taking it out on others. My problem is I have no Rev limiter. I go from 0 to 120Kg of High explosive just as fast. That's why I try to keep my powder wet so that doesn't happen and people don't get hurt.

Sorry, I know it's not funny  ...  but it reminds me of the Dr Phil saying for the female version of  ...  zero to bitch in 6 seconds!!!

Quote  I know from sad experience, once things are said and done, there is no forgive and forget no matter how nice the ideal.  Best avoid drama in the first place.

Yep, me too.

Quote  It's hard isn't it?
I hate Christmas. People look at it as happy times but being the pathetic I am, all I can do is get upset thinking of all the people I have lost. I have had many meltdowns and wigouts at Christmas and again I try very hard now not to do that now and put on a brave face for my wife and daughter because I know they are feeling some of the same.

Yeah it's certainly different now at our age  ...  though I just try to see it as change otherwise I'd probably get pretty upset too. I try to remind myself of how magic it was for us as kids and to see my kids and grandkids having a magical time.

Quote  Much like my friends.
The Karen's would go into meltdown with my racist jokes if they heard them... and

People have become very precious nowadays. No sense of humour at all.

Quote  I don't want to blow up. Someone always gets hurt in the hail of shrapnel and I don't have the inclination to be the bad guy or the hero anymore.  It's not worth it in this case.

That does make sense, there are all the others to worry about  ...  and you're right, sometimes there's no coming back from 'explosions'.

Quote  If my father in law were still alive things would be different. He was a man that earned respect with everyone the second he met them. He just had that presence.

It's funny how some people can have such an impact and help make everyone feel good  ...  and yet no one would dare muck up in front of them.

Quote  If he crosses a line, especially with my wife or Daughter, it wont be pretty, I have my limits but I am not interested in starting anything on this issue if I can bite my tongue and avoid it.

Yeah, no easy solution at all  ...  and good to see you taking the higher road.

Quote  I just want everyone to get along, be happy and act like a decent family.
None of us are any prizes so we should just remember we are all we have and make the best of it.

You'd think people could pull their head in at least over Christmas, but you often hear that the holiday season brings out the worst in people  ...  and the older they get, the more deranged they become too. Wish I had an answer, but looks like you're doing about as well as you can under the circumstances.
Cheers,  Roger

CaptainBoing

Guru

Posted: 02:27pm 23 Aug 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Davo99 said  
I just want everyone to get along, be happy and act like a decent family.

It isn't just you matey. My family was what you might call "quietly uneventful" but then it all kicked off. Touched by suicide twice and with an estranged sister, two estranged cousins, theft in the family... I came to the conclusion my family was far from "quiet"

It took this appropriately named book for me to wake up that everyone has this crap to deal with in varying degrees and sadly it is normal and "normal" families are extremely rare.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Why-Happy-When-Could-Normal/dp/009955609X

Davo99
Guru

Posted: 07:33am 24 Aug 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

CaptainBoing said  
It isn't just you matey. My family was what you might call "quietly uneventful" but then it all kicked off. Touched by suicide twice and with an estranged sister, two estranged cousins, theft in the family... I came to the conclusion my family was far from "quiet"

I have heard of and known people with very sad and worrying stories of people in their families and what they have done to one another. It's unimaginable how cruel people can be to their own kin but they say friends and family are usually the first ones to cop it.

My Step Brother is pure and utter human excrement but thankfully I don't have much to do with him other than put the deranged parasite back in his place every few years when he starts making trouble again.  Thought he'd help himself to some things at my fathers place a few months back but got a lot more and not what he bargained for. He's as Dumb and moronic as he is deplorable but of course thinks he's smarter than everyone else.
A product of the step bitch mother molly coddling and giving the little turd everything he wanted and thinking the sun shone out of him no matter how many times he showed his true colours.  Absolute trash that should have been locked up years ago but instead has just become educated in how to play and work the system for his own benefit.

I spose putting up with a man Karen in the family would be something a lot of families would be thankful for in comparison to what they have had to endure.

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 07:37am 22 Dec 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Davo99 said  
  CaptainBoing said  Xmas dinner must be interesting  

Interesting is one word for it with our family.
Suffering  and painful are other words that more readily comes to mind.

It's Christmas again....so a Karen meltdown compilation:

Karen compilation
Edited 2021-12-22 17:39 by Grogster

Davo99
Guru

Posted: 12:53pm 22 Dec 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I think my real life karen account will take some beating as it's hard to believe ( and embarrassing to relate) even having had time to let things sink in....

Head Family Karen ( as mentioned months back) and serial whinger on the local facewaste resident group page, decided that Christmas would be at their place this year.

I can't even comprehend the invite but part of it was:

"To make sure everyone is kept safe and well I'm asking that everyone confirm that they are both Covid double vaccinated and have also had their whooping cough booster."

Don't even ask where the last one about whooping cough came from, something he probably read on twittockbookgram or other social media for morons and went into panic, but that was it.  

Been insulted more than a few times in my life but that will be a pretty memorable one and my wife and daughter independently and separately took it the same way.

My suggestion of how my wife should respond in telling him to jam his Christmas Dinner fair up his Gastight freckle with a rusty crowbar, sideways,  was rejected and instead she just said we would be away.
In hindsight, that was a mistake. Should have said "looking forward to seeing you on the day, and no, haven't been and won't be going to get injections for your satisfaction but see you there " and then let him  find the words to tell us we weren't welcome.

Too taken aback I suppose to think clearly about it for a week and sis in law did get back to my wife asking if we got the message so she felt compelled to respond.  I offered, insisted actually, but the ultimate power spoke with full force so I had to let her do it. She didn't want to offend SIL but I couldn't give a stuff.  Just as guilty for going along with it in my book.

Far as I'm concerned we are finished with family. I will never darken their doorstep again nor do a thing for them and they sure as ship won't ever be invited here again either. I got a long memory, a bad disposition and know all the rest of the Karens and younger blokes in the family are Ship scared of me.... And now have good reason to be.

My daughter turns 25 Mid Jan and was planning a party but then decided against it. When I questioned her and got a BS response, I asked her for the real reason. She said she didn't want family there and didn't want to make problems for her mother and I.  She got the lecture that she was not to worry about that, far as we were concerned we were finished with them and did she really think I'd be the least bit worried by whatever they got their lace panties in a bunch about or not relish the opportunity to really tell them what I thought and had been holding back on for years?

I think she is also a bit worried about the work and me not being well but I have insisted she have at least some of her friends over and I will make sure I put plenty of pics on facewaste that I know the family all live on.

Far as I'm concerned, if they think I am some sort of threat to their health, I'm happy to stay the hell away from them and forever. The other family have since proven to be just as big a pack of brain washed pathetic sheep whom have gone along with the request ( !!) and my wife after she told them why we wouldn't be there got pissy why  we wouldn't do the same " to protect the family".
No damn protecting anyone that's that far gone with paranoia they put conditions on coming to family Christmas Dinner!

Feel ashamed admitting I am related to such morons and idiots but I can excuse myself somewhat in the fact they are only family by marriage not blood. My poor wife doesn't have that excuse and knows I have been biting my tongue and swallowing my pride for many years so as to not cause her problems with them and now she knows I was right all along. Don't hold it against her, we came from very different sides of the track growing up and her upbringing was basicly perfect in complete contrast to mine so she has a much kinder and positive nature.... Lucky for her relatives and not the first time.  

On the upside....
Not the only people that have been rejected by family, several of our friends have had similar "disagreements" with their families. We had a get together the other week and were relating our stories of  rejection by family so the outcasts decided we'd have a Christmas get together as we all enjoy each others company and are in the same boat. Traditional arrangements with our families won't be observed this year.

We are going to Christmas lunch at my daughters Boyfriends place (should be an experience with his nices and nephews!)  and then to our  friends place for boxing day.  Done that for years but seems it will be more with our eclectic group of friends than her family this year. A great shame but not by our doing.
Then we'll head up to dads and come back new year.

If anyone has a worse Karen experience than that, I'd love to hear it but if it is family related, I sure feel sorry for you and share your embarrassment.

CaptainBoing

Guru

Posted: 07:58pm 22 Dec 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Davo99 said  
Feel ashamed admitting I am related to such morons and idiots

"Our family is thrust upon us, praise God we may choose our friends!" - Noel Coward (varies)

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 08:02am 31 Dec 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

This one was great, as the older fella on the plane totally OWNED this dumb Karen:

Karen On A Plane...

Happy new year, everyone!

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024