Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 13:46 26 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Other Stuff : IP Camera with ftp?

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 08:41am 06 Oct 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hiya

A few years ago I bough 3 IP cameras to provide a little security for my place. DLink's. They had a web interface where you could set up sensitivity, etc, and notification by email or ftp. I set up the ftp option to dump images on my ftp server if the camera was triggered ( some motion in its field of view ). That way, even if the camera's were discovered and stolen, the images are already uploaded to a remote ftp server.

I want to buy a couple more, but every camera I look at makes no mention of ftp, and the salesmen I speak to are hopeless. If I google the model, the best I can find is a quick connect manual that doesn't go into the interface options. They do mention cloud storage, but thats their own cloud system.

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a model that does definitely have the option to send images to a ftp server if it detects motion? I'm looking for a outdoor model, 1080p or better, wifi.

Thanks
Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

Revlac

Guru

Posted: 10:13am 06 Oct 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Recently bought one of these little not expensive "HD 1080P IP CCTV Camera Outdoor WiFi PTZ Security Wireless IR 2MP Cam Waterproof"
like most others some of the advertised options are only available when using there online security cloud thing, witch I refuse to sign up to, its not free after a time limits and so on.
So the user is just left with a basic camera without any fancy options...no movement tracking for example.

However It will save to an SD Card and can be viewed through a phone WiFi app or a Wifi router, I think there are other possibilities, here is a link YCC365 Plus it may have some info there....or maybe not, the options I had where not the same as advertised on the site, something about different models and capabilities      
Not sure this is much help, lack of details with all these things.
Cheers Aaron
Off The Grid

lizby
Guru

Posted: 11:53am 17 Oct 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Not exactly what you are looking for, but I've been pleased with this setup of the MotionEye OS on raspberry pi--PiZWs, A, and 3B.

https://randomnerdtutorials.com/install-motioneyeos-on-raspberry-pi-surveillance-camera-system/

and https://randomnerdtutorials.com/cctv-raspberry-pi-based-system-storage-motioneyeos/

Through the pandemic they've allowed me to monitor my Florida snowbird home 2,000 miles away.

You can have local SD card storage, storage on a hub SD card, streaming, and remote capture (I have a cron job on a local-to-me PiZW which takes a snap every minute from 3 cameras). Various R-Pi cameras are available, including fisheye. I don't know whether there are R-Pi PTZ cameras.
PicoMite, Armmite F4, SensorKits, MMBasic Hardware, Games, etc. on fruitoftheshed

ryanm

Posted: 08:20am 19 Oct 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I wouldn't think any modern made camera would have FTP support as it's a pretty antiquated protocol and doesn't really make sense to keep supporting it. Although you could probably prove me wrong if you looked hard enough.

I would recommend getting a camera that supports ONVIF or RTSP. Super common cross compatible protocols and there is heaps of free software out there to run a recorder on any PC.

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024