Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 21:59 08 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Other Stuff : Unwanted noise

Jarbar

Posted: 03:21am 06 Dec 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Recently a new next door neighbour has set up medical clinic.They have installed an Evaporative air conditioner.Which on a warm to hot day runs endlessly.And the noise drives me to distraction.Whilst carefully considering my next measurement or development to current windmills and I am trying to have a Zen moment,this relentless roar pervades my thinking space.Do they care,not in the least.And it appears nothing can legally make them deal with it.I have offered to make a cover at my expense and still no coming to the party.
So does anyone on this forum have any clues on setting up a sound system that could potentaily negate the sound waves being created by that box on their roof.My feelings are that if I have to deal with it so can they.It may seem a bit extreme but short of moving house summer in our backyard will be compromised by said noise.
Any positive input would be appreiciated.
Anthony
"Creativity is detirmined by the way you hold your tounge".My Father
"Your generation will have to correct the problems made by mine".My Grandfather.

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 03:45am 06 Dec 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

You could sneak over one night and fill it with expanding foam. Maybe a few dead prawns on the air intake. Drill a hole in the condensor?

Seriously, I dont recommend any of that, though I know it would be tempting.

If the neighbour wont talk, then its time to have a chat with the local council. There are council conflict resolution services that can sort this out. Fact is, someone should not improve their comfort level at the expence of anothers. Air conditions blowing hot air or noise into a neighbours window is not on.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024