Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 14:14 25 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Other Stuff : half turn clips

brucedownunder2
Guru

Posted: 11:57pm 01 Dec 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I have used a Erisson rectifier half rack unit that had small half turn clips on the front panel ....

I dismantled it to create my homebuilt inverter and now wonder how the clips were held in the cover when not-in-use.  They are a small (10mm long bolt looking stud that you engage with backplate and half turn it to engage and hold.

There are 4 (one on each corner) ,I'm wondering if I misplaced a spring or circle that holds this stud from falling out of the cover.....

If anyone has a similar cabinet , could you take a look at the clipped maybe photo it so I may be able to make the holding circle or whatever, thanks.

Bruce
Bushboy

Revlac

Guru

Posted: 02:55am 02 Dec 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Think they are related to DZUS FASTENER or DZUS screws?
This is out of an Ericsson, has a rubber ring that stops the screw falling out, could use some small rubber fuel line, might do the job.

Inside the cabinet.

Cheers Aaron
Off The Grid

brucedownunder2
Guru

Posted: 03:58am 02 Dec 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks Aaron.

I thought you would know, .  I will cut a small piece of tube and slip it over the end..  I thought I may have misplaced whatever they had ,,, but thinking again --- maybe one ,,but not the 4 of them , so maybe there was nothing there.

The inverter is nearly finished, just installing the small parts-pre-charge CAP push button, the isolation tranny, some supports for the front panels, when working inside the cabinet. Plus 3 X fuse holders for small draw components(safety). and my 24volt temp. unit to control the fans.(24 volt supply).

Then AC wiring to a sub board .

Bruce
Bushboy

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024