Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 00:41 30 Mar 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Other Stuff : StarLink

Bryan1

Guru

Posted: 09:17pm 02 Dec 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

G'Day Guy's,
           Well my long term gamble on Shiba Inu paid off and I sold a heap of tokens when it an all time high so had quite a few grand to buy some toys.

Did a bit of research and did find out other people here in Oz are using it so went ahead and bought a sat kit. $806 up front then the waiting game started, saw on the news spacex had put up a rocket with 53 new sats and 3 days later got an email saying my kit was shipped. Took 8 days to ship from the US to our farm gate and yesterday I took down the old NBN sat which had sat on the roof for years and used the the base as the mount for the new pizza sized dish.

For the next roughly 12 months this is in beta testing so that why the slow speed of about 50Mbit is shown, once this platform is mature one can expect the bandwidth to be in the gigabit range.

This was the only option we had to get real broadband and from testing over 24 hours it's 10-15 time quicker than the old ADSL line we had before. This new setup is only $30 a month dearer than the old ADSL so finally we can move to the present century as far as the internet goes.

Cheers Bryan

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024