Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 15:25 16 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Other Stuff : battery rejuvenator solution

zeitfest
Guru

Posted: 12:12am 05 Jan 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

There is a "battery rejuvenator" liquid sold at the outlets, it is a small bottle with (I think) a solution of cadmium (nitrate?).
Anyone tried or used it ? Maybe it helps reactivate sulphated plates ??

phil99

Guru

Posted: 03:23am 05 Jan 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Unless this is a new type of rejuvenator backed up by impartial testing be cautious.
Long ago the place I worked at, having lots of battery backup systems tested the ones available then and found they all shortened the life of the batteries. Lead acid batteries are topped up with distilled water for a reason. Foreign chemicals can interfere with the reversibility of the plate reactions.
What the additives can do is disrupt the hard sulphate crust that can form on the plates. This crust raises the internal resistance, chemically removing it restores cranking capacity at the expense of declining AH capacity. Cycling the battery a number of times at a rate specified by the manufacturer, though not perfect may be better.
Edited 2022-01-05 15:26 by phil99

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024