Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 13:16 20 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Other Stuff : Slaves to the system

bob.steel

Posted: 08:30pm 14 Feb 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Yes we are slaves .
This from April...
In Queensland alone I pay

Stamp Duty
Electricity
Water Rates
Sewerage rates
Sun Water licences
Levies on livestock sales
Council rates
Car Rego & 3rd party Insurance
Petrol Taxes ..60% of the cost
Most of the Lotto income
Poker Machine Levies
Alchohol duties
Import duties on incoming
Export duties on outgoing.
Radio Station Licences
Drivers Licence
Shooters Licence
They bleed the Superannuation funds.
and the big one Health Costs ,Hospital fees.

I want a knee replaced . $4,000 Doctor ,$2,000 anesthetist, $20,000 to $30,000 hospital bed !

All of those are controlled by and feed into the coffers of the Queensland State Government.

Oh that after paying 50% tax on my Income to the Federal Government and a 10% GST on everything I buy with any dollars left over.

There are more but I can't think at the moment
Edited 2022-02-15 06:31 by bob.steel

noneyabussiness
Guru

Posted: 09:32pm 14 Feb 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

what another frustrating thing is the levels of taxation,  every time something changes hands, from boat/manufacturer to retail shop its taxed... how many times is something truly taxed, bet it would surprise most people...

this old bloke I know made a real good point once, " all this winging from the grubberment about how pensions cost the country fortunes etc., I've worked for 40+ years, paid TONS of taxes, so the least they could do was give some of it back so I can retire in peace... ive done my bit "... its sad how we can be one of the highest taxed nations on the planet and STILL have huge debt / underfunded services ... where is it all going ??
I think it works !!

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024