Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 01:40 24 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Other Stuff : Air from a stacked 44 gasl drum setup

Bryan1

Guru

Posted: 10:00am 22 Jul 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Well first as we don't have a air setup I do think this place is the best to put it.

I do have a rotary screw compressor and I'm thinking of stacking 3 off 44 gal drums in a VAWT config as 3 drums just seem to pump water around why can't it make air.

I reckon starting with a 4:1 speed increase will do for starters and see after 2 weeks at work what the psi is.

got three air tanks here that need converting to vertical and the goal is to see if there is enough air to power my plasma cutter

Godoh
Guru

Posted: 12:26am 23 Jul 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Sounds like a plan Bryan, getting a Vertical turbine to produce electricity should be more difficult than turning a compressor. It will be interesting to see how much torque three drums produce and how fast the compressor needs to run to get a good head up.
I would imagine that the compressor will not need to turn fast, it will depend on how much air you want to use whether it can keep up.
Good luck
Pete

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024