Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 06:13 08 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Other Stuff : water ana

Greenbelt

Guru

Posted: 06:04am 15 Feb 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Just an Idea, Un built and Un tried Like all hydro machines
Head an Flow will determine the size.Many small buckets attached to the belt can hold gallons from a very small stream when the head value is large. More Later.

Time has proven that I am blind to the Obvious, some of the above may be True?

KiwiJohn
Guru

Posted: 08:02am 18 Feb 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I guess it would work but the complexity and friction losses are not desirable. I expect a big diameter overshot wheel would be easier to build and produce more power for the same water.

Greenbelt

Guru

Posted: 08:04am 19 Feb 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Kiwijohn this is my reasoning for going the extra mile to
build a better power supply. you will notice the examples
I have used are for the very minimum Hydro source. in the
case of a water source of 10 gallons a second and 15 ft head even if a pipe line is required to gain the head, this could power a house round the clock see the drawing below this is why I believe a little extra drag can be tolerated.
An extra bearing set and belt (stiffness), Is That a word? would not be a great penalty the power takeoff belts used on farming equipment would probably be Ideal
The torque angle adds 43% more torque than a wheel with the same amount of water.

Time has proven that I am blind to the Obvious, some of the above may be True?

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024