Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 20:52 29 Mar 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Other Stuff : Pyrite

Bryan1

Guru

Posted: 08:15am 25 May 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

G'Day Guy's,
          Well to take my mind of the MTTP and inverter project as still waiting for parts after reading a ABC story on making batteries in this country I thought well what what have I got on the farm and it got me thinking about that lump of pyrite I had in my shed.

So had to go for a https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyrite and the notation 20 really got me thinking.

So in true off grid style went up and crushed the pyrite in my dolly until it was all powder then used 4 off arc gouging rods for the anode and for the cathode used some cleaned copper plate.

This pic only shows 10 watts of solar and after lunch I added another 10 watts where it was showing close to the short circuit voltage and my clamp meter showed around 1 amp.

Now late this arvo I did see some blackening of the copper so in a few days there should be more growth.

Cheers Bryan

Bryan1

Guru

Posted: 01:59am 28 May 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I decided to put the crushed rock into a smaller moccona jar so the electrodes could sit in the mush and after a few days looks like I'm making copper sulfate so it's getting a tad more interesting.

Cheers Bryan

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024