Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 17:07 07 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Other Stuff : gCncCam - the missing link

vasi

Guru

Posted: 08:32pm 10 Mar 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

For a Win98/DOS machine used for CNC we have a complete set of software. By example, we can use a CAD (any) software for generating a .dxf file, then, converting it to G-Code for TurboCNC with the help of ACE, a g-code converter.

For Linux, we have QCad for 2D sketches saved as .dxf files and EMC2. No ACE like converter unless is ported to Linux from sources. But I found recently the missing program.

Is about gCncCam, an open source project designed to work with QCad and EMC2.

[quote=gCncCam]
This release can read DXF-Files and GERBER NC-Files (Drill-Files) and convert them to
G-Code (RS-274) NC-Files

It is tested with QCad for creating DXF-Files. The CNC-Code is tested on EMC2 CNC[/quote]

The software was tested under Linux Debian Etch and Linux Ubuntu 6.06 (is working also in 8.10).

P.S. I don't know where to post this: under this forum or "My 2 cents" forum ...Edited by vasi 2009-03-12
Hobbit name: Togo Toadfoot of Frogmorton
Elvish name: Mablung Miriel
Beyound Arduino Lang

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024