Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 15:15 28 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Other Stuff : Any advise on ArduRover and a suitable flight computer?

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 04:43am 09 Jan 2024
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I've been working off and on on a autonomous lawn mower. The big hold up is I'm writing the flight software, and I just dont have the time ( or the skills to be honest ).

So, I've read ArduPilot ( or ArduRover ) is the go to firmware. This is loaded into a suitable flight computer. Then we use a program Mission Planner to set the waypoints, etc.

Now this is all alien to me, I have no idea what I'm doing, so asking to see if any forum members have ever played around with this stuff.

I know the PixHawk 2.4.8 is a well know controller. A Cube Orange is better, but much more expensive. A Mateksys Matek H743-Wing is also very good, and much cheaper, so thinking this may be the one to use.

I have the GPS RTK sorted using a couple uBlox GPS modules ( these are not cheap! ), and a arduino compass, plus a Sabretooth motor controller, its 2 wheel steer with castors on the front.

So before I spend the money and buy the Matek controller, any advise?

Thanks.
Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

Revlac

Guru

Posted: 12:20am 10 Jan 2024
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I don't know much about this stuff and you may have already seen this, but will post it anyway.
https://discuss.ardupilot.org/t/best-gear-for-starting-ardupilot-mower/100684
There is some very interesting builds going on, some of it looks very technical and its not all small stuff, I like that track mower.
Cheers Aaron
Off The Grid

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 01:31am 10 Jan 2024
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks Aaron

Yeah seams the Matek H743 is the way to go, and nice price. Ordered one.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024