Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 04:03 08 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Other Stuff : Another use for a Chainsaw

Jarbar

Posted: 10:34am 15 May 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

The weekend just past was the annual Hard Garbage collection.Having missed the last four due to ill health it was time for action.With four F&P motors but no shaft or bearing housings,the recently replaced F&P washing machine needed to be denuded of its bits.After diligently following the instructions given on this site,I was left with the bowl and bearing assembly.

Tried a jig saw and then considered drilling a row of holes around it.Then bingo what about the chainsaw? Five minutes later the bearing assembly was free.The tip of the saw easily cut through the plastic webbing and through the bowl base.About four to five cuts at about 60mm radius.

This is something that could easily be done on other machines waiting on nature strips for the hard garbage truck.My wifes new LG front loader is looking on nervously.And the chainsaw is still sharp for the next tree or F&P machine/motor.

Anthony.
"Creativity is detirmined by the way you hold your tounge".My Father
"Your generation will have to correct the problems made by mine".My Grandfather.

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 11:04am 15 May 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Brilliant

To think I struggled for an hour with a drill and chisel, and there was a chainsaw on the shelf behind me all the time!

The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

oztules

Guru

Posted: 11:35am 15 May 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Tee Hee Hee
Village idiot...or... just another hack out of his depth

sPuDd

Posted: 11:46am 15 May 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I used a Makita 18V Reciprocating saw to cut the bearing out. Also a Makita mini impact driver pen to rattle out the screws & bolts. Made short work of a pile of units destined for the dump.

I seem to recall the Reciprocating saw also made my old standard washing machine small enough to fit into a household bin....

sPuDd..

It should work ...in theory

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024