Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 04:08 08 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Other Stuff : Need Help with port setup with kcam4

AMACK

Posted: 12:26pm 13 Jul 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I can not get KCAM4 to work. I have a KTA 205 brake out from Ocean electronics with 3 KTA 236 drivers. I can get it all to work with Mach3 but can not get it to go with KCAM4.. The only thing I can get to work is the two relays.. I think I need some help with the Bit and Pin set up.. Can someone give me a hand with the pin and port set up..

Thanks Andy..
*Note to self

1. Make it thick

2.Make it heavy.

3.Make it stronger than it should be.

4. Don't rush the first job as the second job will cost more and take mor

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 12:39pm 13 Jul 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Andy

Can you get any activity from the stepper motors, even if its not what you expected? Also, what stepper driver circuit boards are you using?

I've used KCam before, its a neat little package but I had problems with it importing DXF files, it didn't understand polylines very well. I think thats been finxed in later versions. I did write a DXF to GCode parser if your interested.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

AMACK

Posted: 08:22am 16 Jul 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Glenn

I can not get any movement at all from the steppers, the only thing I can get to work is the relays. I have not got around to importing files yet as I can not get the steppers to move.. In the pin and port set up the relays use 38B port config and the rest use 387. All else failed so I read the instruction book but there is not much detail about port and pin set up. The brake out board I have uses pin 2 for Y step 3 for Y direction and so on. I have set these to all ther correct locations but it still will not work. I can get Mack3 to work well with the port set up I used?????

If you have any more info on Kcam4 eg.. pin and port info that would be good..

Andy.
*Note to self

1. Make it thick

2.Make it heavy.

3.Make it stronger than it should be.

4. Don't rush the first job as the second job will cost more and take mor

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024