Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 03:08 03 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Other Stuff : cheap transport = Propane.

KarlJ

Guru

Posted: 11:54am 10 Aug 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

FYI I have recently taken advantage of the govt LPG conversion grant and gone for a JTG liquid injection setup, the donor vehicle being a 2001 Volvo V70T5 in factory form making 185KW at the flywheel.

As far a cheap and clean energy goes this has to be it!

LPG is a propane butane mix and dyno graph attached is on regular "pump gas", last week I discovered supagas supplied 100% propane at similar (today 5cpl cheaper in fact) to LPG prices, it goes into the motor at -42 degrees and a result yields even more power, this equates to 9.6L/100K on the highway and performance (tested albeit on a 2deg night) of 6.0S 0-100K for a family station wagon running fuel that costs 0.44cpl!!!
this equates to significant greenhouse gas emissions also.

So lads, if you want to start saving now is the time, from now on every year goes by the cost of conversion goes up as the rebate decreases.

Bought the volvo $14K + the gas conversion ($5050 -$1750), stamp duty etc etc less the rebate owes me 20K with 12 months rego.

this works out at $22 per week onto the home loan for the lot and it saves me about $30 a week in petrol.

now is the time to buy a used car thats better for the environment, all cheap as chips, find one that will happily accept the Liquid LPG setup (pref turbo car as it will make more power than on petrol) and get to saving the $$ for when electrics are more realistic.
2009-08-10_215652_08-06-20092.pdfEdited by KarlJ 2009-08-11
Luck favours the well prepared

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024