Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 02:19 03 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Other Stuff : magnetic generator??

Dunks

Posted: 11:47am 20 Sep 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi guys,

I'm a newby to the forum, building an eco friendly home in Ourimbah NSW and considering PV cells and possibly playing around with some wind turbines too.

I just clicked on a google add for plans to 'build your own magnet powered generator' 'pertetual energy', sounds too good to be true. Has any of you guys looked into this idea? Is it for real?

Thanks for your advise.
Dunks

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 12:13pm 20 Sep 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Dunks

Sorry to tell you but they are bogus. Magnetism is a force, like gravity, its not a energy source. I've seen plans for so called gravity perpetual energy machines to.

Put simply, the plans are for a machine that wont work, sold by someone who wants to rip you off. If the plans did work, every one would have one, cause by now everyone would know someone who built one that worked.

Can you give me the address of the web site you found from the google ad, I want to block that sort of thing.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

Dunks

Posted: 12:30pm 20 Sep 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Cheers Glenn,

I thought as much, if I come accross it again I'll let you know the address.
What about the do it your self solar panel add, might have been 'DIY green energy' or something similar. worth the investment in the 'step by step video'?
I'm not too tech minded, I'm a boat builder by trade not a electrical engineer.
Dunks

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 12:44pm 20 Sep 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Some of video's and books available online are very good, but its always worth looking around first to see what else is available. Both Scoraig Wind and Other Power sells books that take you from the basics to a serious set up.

http://www.scoraigwind.com/
http://www.otherpower.com

There are video's and instructions for copper solar cells. While you can make your own copper solar cell, they are VERY low power, you would need a football field of copper sheet to make anything usefull.

Check out youtube for home made solar cells.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

GWatPE

Posted: 05:48am 23 Sep 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Gizmo here is one you want to block from the google ads.

Link Removed

Gordon.

Thanks Gordon. I removed the link, dont want anyone clicking on it. I've also locked this thread, to stop other posting more. Its part of the Google legals, I cant discuss it. Edited by Gizmo 2009-09-24
become more energy aware

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024