Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 00:29 03 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Other Stuff : Day at the dump and new inverter.

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 03:14am 25 Oct 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Well the projects have been few and far between lately. I'm pretty well packed up ready to move to my new place, I just haven't found a place to call mine yet. I did have my eye on a block of land about 25 minutes drive from town, 23 acres with a permanent creek, but someone else got in before me and I missed out. Land is very expensive up here, anything over 10 acres within 20 minutes of town is over $350,000, just for the land. Put a basic 3 bedroom house on that and its over $500,000. I was looking at a small 2.5 acre block with creek and good winds, no house or shed, for $230,000, but it was 40 minutes from town, a bit too far. I'll just keep looking.

So with everything packed up, as I was saying, the projects have ground to a stop. But I still get to have a little fun. Visited the dump ( tip, refuse center, recycling center, etc ) yesterday and picked up a few goodies. 3 80series F&P motors and two shafts.

and while I was pulling apart the F&P washers I grabbed 4 good bowl dampers .

I dont know the correct name for these, the bowl hangs from them and they have a built in shock absorber. My own washing machine is a old F&P smartdrive that I keep running with the F&P spares I pick up for my windmill projects. Over the last few months its developed a habit of going out of balance in the spin cycles. Its dampers were in poor condition, the steel rod had worn through the plastic damper housing, so the air cushion inside had a bigger than usual hole to vent from.

The one above has the area circles where it wears through. Replacing all four dampers has fixed the problem, the washer has so far completed two wash cycles without missing a beat. While I had the machine apart I replaced the top bearing, a 6005. The seal was starting to leak and this bearing was on the way out. I also swapped the drive shaft for another, the old one had very deep groves where the seal was riding, so hopefully it will seal ok now. No drips so far.

While I was at the dump I picked up a oven cover for my gas BBQ. Fitted perfectly, last night I had roast lamb

All up the 3 F&P's, the dampers and the BBQ oven top cost $55, good value.

I also picked up a BP inverter from a colleague. He had bought the inverter for a client but the sale didn't go thought, so I managed to grab it for a good price. Its a 400W continuous 1000W peak true sinewave inverter, 12V input. It replaced my 600W modified squarewave inverter.

All in all a good weekend.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024