Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 08:34 03 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Other Stuff : New to Forum – Q about DC motors

mvemjsunp

Posted: 03:21pm 25 Oct 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hello all. I live in Florida USA but have been reading the Homegrown Power website for some time and must say I admire the tone of the writing and the can-do spirit I find here. In that vein, I would like to ask a question on behalf of a friend who lives in Melbourne: What is a good source for 1-2 HP DC motors Down Under?

I like to mess around with and build battery-powered devices and have found one source of such motors up here to be non-working / discarded cordless lawnmowers, such as the Black & Decker CMM1000. My experience with the ones I’ve obtained has led me to conclude that, while the mower as a whole may be non-functional, the motors are usually still good - typically they are 1.5 hp 24vdc brushed PM motors with a 2700-3200 RPM, good for lots of things besides rotating a mower blade.

I have suggested this source to my friend but he says that B&D mowers are not sold in Australia. I’d consider shipping him some of my motors but I don’t have any that are not already being used and, this being the start of winter here in the States, it may be awhile before folks around here discover their cordless mowers no longer work…

Anyone have any suggestions for an Australian source of similar motors?

Robb

Posted: 03:13am 26 Oct 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

They do have cordless lawn mowers down here but they are far from popular. Not sure if they are B&D brand but they are around.Edited by Robb 2009-10-27

AMUN-RA

Posted: 06:16am 27 Oct 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I own an eco mower they are sold at bunnings and owned by victor I have had mine for two years and have no complaints at all I'm still on the first battery Push the button pull the lever and mow even the wife can use it without my help
Every day the sun shines
& gravity sucks= free energy.

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024