Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 15:56 08 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Other Stuff : Dell laptop speling

brucedownunder2
Guru

Posted: 08:43pm 01 Jan 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi, (I'm typing without correcting),,I've had this dell new beaut lppy for coupl months no and have told Dell of theproblem...waiting for reply.

As you can see ,,los of missing charaters. ,,wonder what you smart guys would think of ths .

The quick brown fox jumps over the azy dog(jut one missing letter in that )actually 2.

oh, by the way ,,i some windows it'sperfect(irc) but hre it's not perfect ,as you can see.

Bruce
Bushboy

oztules

Guru

Posted: 10:08pm 01 Jan 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Looks like a keyboard error.... like when I pulled all the keys off to clean them... when I clicked each back in, I mucked up 3 of them with their return plastics. Had to press them hard to get them to respond.... fixed by pulling out and reinstalling them.

Test if they are not coming in in a particular window, or if you press abnormally hard or rock the key and it works. If so it's mechanical.... if not, your in a strange problem area.....

I expect mechanical more than software.... in which case I want a replacement.

...........oztules
Village idiot...or... just another hack out of his depth

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 11:13pm 01 Jan 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I have a friends Dell laptop with several keys not working. When I pluged in a USB PC keyboard, all the keys work. A replacement keyboard for the laptop was worth about $80, but instead she opted to use the laptop as a PC, with an external keyboard and larger monitor.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

Downwind

Guru

Posted: 11:56pm 01 Jan 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

looks like what happens here when i get to far away with the cordless keyboard.
So the missing letters make perfect reading to me

Its enough to drive you to drink at times and then even more letters go missing, but it dont matter as you cant read it anyways by then.

Hmmm sounds like you got a lemon

Pete.
Sometimes it just works

brucedownunder2
Guru

Posted: 08:59pm 02 Jan 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks Crew,, I'll wait or a response from DELL . you nver know,,someone might be friendly .. It's funny how these buggers ill sell you things so fast and with so much love ,,but after te cheque is banked they disappear and any problems are not theirs.
This is 2 months nw ,so maybe I'll get soe service..

Bruce
Bushboy

brucedownunder2
Guru

Posted: 04:45am 06 Jan 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Crew,, Just got a call from Dell,,, they said that "skype" is causing all the problems.. They did delete,or, I did, something and it now seems to have fixed the typing problem... It allways pays to tell these guys you are 87 ,,helps heaps....

Bruce
Bushboy

MacGyver

Guru

Posted: 06:15am 10 Jan 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

brucedownunder2

Glad to hear it's fixed. I was about to say that I read an email from someone and almost every word in the thing was misspelled (boy, look at all the double letters in that word!) on purpose to show how the human mind would still make sense out of it.

That email, I now realize, likely originated from Dell.
Nothing difficult is ever easy!
Perhaps better stated in the words of Morgan Freeman,
"Where there is no struggle, there is no progress!"
Copeville, Texas

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024