Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 19:39 08 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Other Stuff : Just a laugh

Page 2 of 2    
Downwind

Guru

Posted: 04:13pm 08 Mar 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

This was sent in an email to me and thought you all might like a look at "why little boys need parents"

I was never guilty of anything like this when i was small

Pete
Sometimes it just works

Poss

Posted: 10:01am 10 Mar 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

A young boy was sitting on the footpath out front of his house with two cups, tipping a clear liquid from one cup to the other.
A priest walking by asks "What are you doing young fella ?"
The boy replies "Playing with battery acid".
"Dont play with that" says the priest. "Here have some holy water instead".
"What does that do" says the boy. "Well if I rub it on a womans belly she will pass an immaculate baby" replies the priest.
"Thats nothing" says the boy "If I rub this on a cats arse it will pass a Ferrari !!"
A brave man may not live for long, but a careful man does not live at all.

Downwind

Guru

Posted: 05:02pm 16 Mar 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

A man staggers into casualty with two black eyes and a five iron wrapped around his throat.

Naturally the doctor asks him what happened. "Well, it was like this," said the man. "I was having a quiet round of golf with my wife when she sliced her ball into a pasture of cows.

"We went to look for it and while I was rooting around, I noticed one of the cows had something white at its rear end.

"I walked over and lifted up the tail and sure enough, there was my wife's golf ball -- stuck right in the middle of the ... well that's when I made my mistake."

"What did you do?" asks the doctor.

"Well, I lifted the tail and yelled to my wife, 'Hey, this looks like yours!'"

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

The newly-married husband came home from the office to find his young wife in floods of tears. "Darling, whatever is the matter?" he asked.

"Sweetheart," she sobbed, "the most terrible thing has happened! I cooked my very first Beef Bourguignon for you, and I got it out of the oven to season it, and the phone rang. When I came back from answering the phone," she sobbed again. "I found that the cat had eaten it!"

"Don't worry, darling," said her husband. "Don't cry. We can get a new cat tomorrow."

Pete.
Sometimes it just works

niall1

Posted: 07:53pm 17 Mar 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

2010-03-18_055124_safetyatwork.pdf

not sure if this will work
niall

dwyer
Guru

Posted: 09:50pm 17 Mar 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

hi niall
Yep came up the screen no problem and l gave me good laugh and l love it

dwyer

niall1

Posted: 12:22am 18 Mar 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

my favorite is the chemical guy Dwyer ..it cracks me up every time i look at it .... Edited by niall1 2010-03-19
niall

Greenbelt

Guru

Posted: 08:19pm 18 Mar 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

To qualify as "old as dirt".

For those who never saw any of the Burma Shave signs, here is a quick lesson in our history of the 1930's and '40's. Before there were interstates, when everyone drove the old 2 lane roads, Burma Shave signs would be posted all over the countryside in farmers' fields. They were small red signs with white letters. Five signs, about 100 feet apart, each containing 1 line of a 4 line couplet......and the obligatory 5th sign advertising Burma Shave, a popular shaving cream.
Here are more of the actual signs:

DON'T STICK YOUR ELBOW
OUT SO FAR
IT MAY GO HOME
IN ANOTHER CAR.
BURMA SHAVE

TRAINS DON'T WANDER
ALL OVER THE MAP
'CAUSE NOBODY SITS
IN THE ENGINEER'S LAP
Burma Shave

DON'T LOSE YOUR HEAD
TO GAIN A MINUTE
YOU NEED YOUR HEAD
YOUR BRAINS ARE IN IT
Burma Shave

DROVE TOO LONG
DRIVER SNOOZING
WHAT HAPPENED NEXT
IS NOT AMUSING
Burma Shave

BROTHER SPEEDER
LET'S REHEARSE
ALL TOGETHER NOW
GOOD MORNING, NURSE
Burma Shave

CAUTIOUS RIDER
TO HER RECKLESS DEAR
LET'S HAVE LESS BULL
AND A LITTLE MORE STEER
Burma Shave

DRIVER WAS HIGH
WEATHER WAS HOT
TIRES WERE THIN
X MARKS THE SPOT
Burma Shave

THE MIDNIGHT RIDE
OF PAUL FOR BEER
LED TO A WARMER
HEMISPHERE
Burma Shave

AROUND THE CURVE
LICKETY-SPLIT
BEAUTIFUL CAR
WASN'T IT?
Burma Shave

NO MATTER THE PRICE
NO MATTER HOW NEW
THE BEST SAFETY DEVICE
IN THE CAR IS YOU
Burma Shave

BOTH HANDS ON THE WHEEL
EYES ON THE ROAD
THAT'S THE SKILLFUL
DRIVER'S CODE
Burma Shave

THE ONE WHO DRIVES
WHEN HE'S BEEN DRINKING
DEPENDS ON YOU
TO DO HIS THINKING
Burma Shave

CAR IN DITCH
DRIVER IN TREE
THE MOON WAS FULL
AND SO WAS HE.
Burma Shave

PASSING SCHOOL ZONE
TAKE IT SLOW
LET OUR LITTLE
SHAVERS GROW
Burma Shave

Time has proven that I am blind to the Obvious, some of the above may be True?

Downwind

Guru

Posted: 04:16pm 19 Mar 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

An Irishman is cleaning his rifle at the kitchen table one evening, his wife is washing the dishes when suddenly the rifle accidentally discharges and shoots his wife, who falls in a heap at the kitchen sink.

In a confused state of shock and panic, the Irishman rushes to the phone and dials 000.

Irishman: "Help!!! It's my wife!!! I've accidentally shot her......I've killed her."

Operator: "Please calm yourself sir, we can't help you if you are in such a state....now can you first make sure your wife is actually dead."

*click* BANG!

Irishman: "Okay, done that......what should i do next?"

Pete.

Ps: I understand the Irish to have a sense of humour.

Sometimes it just works

Greenbelt

Guru

Posted: 04:51pm 19 Mar 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Colonoscopy Journal:

I called my friend Andy Sable, a gastroenterologist, to make an appointment for a colonoscopy.
A few days later, in his office, Andy showed me a color diagram of the colon, a lengthy organ that

appears to go all over the place, at one point passing briefly through Minneapolis. Then Andy

explained the colonoscopy procedure to me in a thorough, reassuring and patient manner. I nodded

thoughtfully, but I didn't really hear anything he said, because my brain was shrieking, 'HE'S GOING TO

STICK A TUBE 17,000 FEET UP YOUR BEHIND!'

I left Andy's office with some written instructions, and a prescription for a product called 'MoviPrep,'

which comes in a box large enough to hold a microwave oven. I will discuss MoviPrep in detail later; for

now suffice it to say that we must never allow it to fall into the hands of America's enemies.

I spent the next several days productively sitting around being nervous.

Then, on the day before my colonoscopy, I began my preparation. In accordance with my instructions,

I didn't eat any solid food that day; all I had was chicken broth, which is basically water, only with less

flavor. Then, in the evening, I took the MoviPrep. You mix two packets of powder together in a one-liter

plastic jug, then you fill it with lukewarm water. (For those unfamiliar with the metric system, a liter is

about 32 gallons). Then you have to drink the whole jug. This takes about an hour, because MoviPrep

tastes - and here I am being kind - like a mixture ofgoat spit and urinal cleanser, with just a hint of

lemon.

The instructions for MoviPrep, clearly written by somebody with a great sense of humor, state that after

you drink it, 'a loose, watery bowel movement may result.'

This is kind of like saying that after you jump off your roof, you may experience contact with the ground.

MoviPrep is a nuclear laxative. I don't want to be too graphic, here, but, have you ever seen a

space-shuttle launch? This is pretty much the MoviPrep experience, with you as the shuttle. There are

times when you wish the commode had a seat belt. You spend several hours pretty much confined to

the bathroom, spurting violently. You eliminate everything. And then, when you figure you must be

totally empty, you have to drink another liter of MoviPrep, at which point, as far as I can tell, your

bowels travel into the future and start eliminating food that you have not even eaten yet.

After an action-packed evening, I finally got to sleep.

The next morning my wife drove me to the clinic. I was very nervous. Not only was I worried about the

procedure, but I had been experiencing occasional return bouts of MoviPrep spurtage. I was thinking,

'What if I spurt on Andy?' How do you apologize to a friend for something like that? Flowers would not

be enough.

At the clinic I had to sign many forms acknowledging that I understood and totally agreed with whatever

the heck the forms said. Then they led me to a room full of other colonoscopy people, where I went

inside a little curtained space and took off my clothes and put on one of those hospital garments

designed by sadist perverts, the kind that, when you put it on, makes you feel even more naked than

when you are actually naked.

Then a nurse named Eddie put a little needle in a vein in my left hand. Ordinarily I would have fainted,

but Eddie was very good, and I was already lying down. Eddie also told me that some people put vodka

in their MoviPrep. At first I was ticked off that I hadn't thought of this, but then I pondered what would

happen if you got yourself too tipsy to make it to the bathroom, so you were staggering around in full

Fire Hose Mode. You would have no choice but to burn your house.

When everything was ready, Eddie wheeled me into the procedure room, where Andy was waiting with

a nurse and an anesthesiologist. I did not see the 17,000-foot tube, but I knew Andy had it hidden

around there somewhere. I was seriously nervous at this point.

Andy had me roll over on my left side, and the anesthesiologist began hooking something up to the

needle in my hand.

There was music playing in the room, and I realized that the song was 'Dancing Queen' by ABBA. I

remarked to Andy that, of all the songs that could be playing during this particular procedure, 'Dancing

Queen' had to be the least appropriate.

'You want me to turn it up?' said Andy, from somewhere behind me.

'Ha ha,' I said. And then it was time, the moment I had been dreading for more than a decade. If you

are squeamish, prepare yourself, because I am going to tell you, in explicit detail, exactly what it was

like.

I have no idea. Really. I slept through it. One moment, ABBA was yelling 'Dancing Queen, feel the

beat of the tambourine,' and the next moment, I was back in the other room, waking up in a very mellow

mood.

Andy was looking down at me and asking me how I felt. I felt excellent. I felt even more excellent when

Andy told me that It was all over, and that my colon had passed with flying colors. I have never been

prouder of an internal organ.

On the subject of Colonoscopies...
Colonoscopies are no joke, but these comments during the exam were quite humorous..... A physician

claimed that the following are actual comments made by his patients (predominately male) while he

was performing their colonoscopies:

1. 'Take it easy, Doc. You're boldly going where no man has gone before!'

2. 'Find Amelia Earhart yet?'

3. 'Can you hear me NOW?'

4. 'Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?'

5. 'You know, in Arkansas , we're now legally married.'

6. 'Any sign of the trapped miners, Chief?'

7. 'You put your left hand in, you take your left hand out...'

8. 'Hey! Now I know how a Muppet feels!'

9. 'If your hand doesn't fit, you must quit!'

10. 'Hey Doc, let me know if you find my dignity.'

11. 'You used to be an executive at Enron, didn't you?'

12. 'God, now I know why I am not gay.'

And the best one of all:
13. 'Could you write a note for my wife saying that my head is not up there?'

Time has proven that I am blind to the Obvious, some of the above may be True?

Page 2 of 2    
Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024