Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 21:17 08 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Other Stuff : Linux desktop

vasi

Guru

Posted: 01:46pm 04 Mar 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

What kind of desktop you can have on OpenSUSE Linux 11.2 using Compiz. Faster and stable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQh0fYPKZAo

Vasi
Hobbit name: Togo Toadfoot of Frogmorton
Elvish name: Mablung Miriel
Beyound Arduino Lang

GreenD88

Posted: 01:33am 06 Mar 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I'm dual booting it and windows 7, I like it but it's slower than windows 7 on my computer. Still playing with it though.Edited by GreenD88 2010-03-07
Licensed Master Plumber / EPA 608 Universal License / 410a Safety Certified / Medical Gas Brazer/Installer

maheanuu

Posted: 11:00pm 08 Mar 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

At present I have Ubuntu Kharmic 9.10 running on my Toshiba Satellite laptop, Simply Mempis on an old HP Tower, Puppy on another old laptop, and MacPup on another ancient laptop that was of the 386 genus. I am in the start up stages of trying to form a Linux Users Group here on Raiatea, and so far all the local business people are dead set against it. If it isn't Windows or Mac it really isn't a computer..... Personally I think that they want to remain in control and not allow any of the locals rise to the point of knowing how these things work and what actually is better....

GreenD88

Posted: 07:47am 09 Mar 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I've been playing with lUbuntu today and I've got to admit it's pretty dang fast. Here's a link if anyone's interested. lUbuntu Gonna try out the Simply Mempis and see how it fares.
Licensed Master Plumber / EPA 608 Universal License / 410a Safety Certified / Medical Gas Brazer/Installer

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024