Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 09:41 09 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Other Stuff : Tractor Swap

Bryan1

Guru

Posted: 04:05am 13 Mar 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Well guy's my ol' faithfull Fiat 450 48 hp tractor will gone next week and in it's place will be a 70hp David Brown tractor with a front end loader.
A couple of weeks ago I had a mate around to look at the new shed we're going to build and I mentioned my tractor was going on the market and I was going for a bigger tractor with a front end loader. He was silent for a moment then said I have what you want if maybe we do a clean swap as I don't use mine much anymore and a smaller tractor will be better for slashing. This morning he came around for a look at mine and took it for a drive and said well mate if your happy we'll do the swap.

So the pain of me upgrading and spending $$$$ has been averted and I'm sure this nu tractor will serve my needs for a few more years.

Cheers Bryan

MacGyver

Guru

Posted: 05:47am 13 Mar 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

What's "slashing"?

In my neck of the woods it means ruining tires with a razor knife; probably not the same in Oz I gather.

. . . . . Mac
Nothing difficult is ever easy!
Perhaps better stated in the words of Morgan Freeman,
"Where there is no struggle, there is no progress!"
Copeville, Texas

dwyer
Guru

Posted: 09:36am 13 Mar 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi mac
Us Aussies call the rear connecting thing that mowes long grass call a slasher other words tractor is slashing right now . Here is a picture of a red slasher

Dwyer the bushman

GreenD88

Posted: 04:55pm 13 Mar 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

We call that brush hogging. Or a the thing on the back a Brush Hog.
Licensed Master Plumber / EPA 608 Universal License / 410a Safety Certified / Medical Gas Brazer/Installer

MacGyver

Guru

Posted: 08:25pm 13 Mar 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Oh. King-size lawnmower; sure. Thanks.

Nothing difficult is ever easy!
Perhaps better stated in the words of Morgan Freeman,
"Where there is no struggle, there is no progress!"
Copeville, Texas

Bryan1

Guru

Posted: 07:21am 14 Mar 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Well bloody Murphy showed up a my mates place, he started the DB up to bring it over and there was a spanner on the motor which hit the fan and broke some fins off which went into the radiator. I did try to repair it but with over 6 leaks I decided a re core was worth it. Today my mate said the motor has been totally re-conditioned with new pistons, rings bottom end and a new head. Also he put a new fuel pump on. So it looks like it will be next weekend when I get to bring it home.

Cheers Bryan

Bryan1

Guru

Posted: 07:55am 26 Mar 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

G'day Guys,
Last weekend we did the swap so heres a pic of the nu one

Cheers Bryan

KarlJ

Guru

Posted: 11:14am 27 Mar 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

awesome nice one.
we have an iseki tractor and nothing off the shelf fits the bastard, all special sizes pain in the butt.

Kubota self propelled lawnmower just as bad, difficult to get parts for and looks like the dog clutch is worn out, local guy says cant be fixed, was the greatest lawnmower i've ever seen and done some hard yards but without the self propelling is the heaviest hunk of crap you could imagine.

anyone interested in fixing it can negotiate a deal with the old man, was a $1500 mower and hasnt really done that many hours, could be a good basis for an F&P genset!
Luck favours the well prepared

Downwind

Guru

Posted: 02:27pm 27 Mar 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

There is something about tractor mounted bucket designs ...they dont dig worth crap.
Albeit they can still scratch out a hole quicker then you can shovel it.

I think in the way of attachments anything is a bonus that saves the back and the blisters on the hands.

D.B. is a standard tractor as far as PTO and 3PtL so a
win there as well.

You have done well from your deal i think.

Pete.
Sometimes it just works

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024